Thoughts on The Misfit by Cleveland Cyclewerks - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on The Misfit by Cleveland Cyclewerks

Re: Thoughts on The Misfit by Cleveland Cyclewerks

i want tha heist for city driving it looks like so much fun, btw if your worried about production they have a vid of their assembly line and seems pretty top notch to me.

Motorcycle.Com has a pretty amusing video review of the Misfit. They give it a fair shake, despite the obvious shortcomings. Motoretta's not far from work. I might just go take a look.

I swung by Motoretta briefly, there are no CCW bikes in stock until the end of May. They have already pre-sold a couple dozen and there is plenty of interest.

There is some confusion as to when tha Ace hits the Canadian market, but tha Heist and tha Misfit should be in stock soon. Tha Ace will hopefully be shortly behind that, and tha Hooligun next year.

BTW an interesting development on the CCW website...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw blog
    Posted on April 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    The Delio

Here is the deal yo. CCW has a massive new factory in Cleveland and it is quite honestly too big for us. Here is our proposed plan, and we hope a few people in Cleveland hear about this and are inspired to contact us.
    Below is the website for the building:
    :LINK BY CLICKING HERE:
    We would like to have several larger spaces filled in the next 6 months. Art galleries, Artists needing studio space, MC shops, manufacturers, and other creative business are sought after to make this a community of creative people building unique works. The building is primarily reinforced concrete and brick, we have 3 freight elevators.
    We currently have a great covered courtyard, and will be putting a roof top patio on the building for those times you need to get out and relax for a few. We are less then a 1/2 mile from Lake Erie and right across from a rocking pub!
    Hit us up if you are interested!

Nice to see them setting up shop next door!

the Lifan engine is one of the most popular swapping engine for cheap bikes.

As long you don't drop even at 0 km/h it I think it's good.

I admire what the guy is building (business) but I dont see myself buying one of his products. I think it's already a success story though.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

To many haters in this tread. Not one person has put forth any tangible evidence that this is Made in China crap. I'd buy one if I had an extra $3000 laying around. By the way saw one this winter in Florida and it was really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    I admire what the guy is building (business) but I dont see myself buying one of his products. I think it's already a success story though.
    maybe not quite a success story quite yet. Admire, absolutely. I don't see anybody else offering a "superior product" for 3000 bucks. This is a great story close to home and I hope he succeeds. I'm sure if the motor was built here, there is no way they could sell that bike for that money. This looks like a really cool beginer bike that young people prolly think looks really cool, hell,I do and I'm faar from young!
    when I was a kid this bike would have been "the bee's knee's"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Hulagin View Post
    To many haters in this tread. Not one person has put forth any tangible evidence that this is Made in China crap. I'd buy one if I had an extra $3000 laying around. By the way saw one this winter in Florida and it was really nice.
    Not sure why we have to provide "evidence" when it is right in their promo video...their entire manufacturing is in china.
    What they don't clearly state is that the manufacturing facility isn't even owned by them, it is all subcontracted work like everything there.

Anyone else find it annoying that they are using (lame) slang and purposefully misspelling the names of the bikes in some desperate attempt to fit in with the cool kids? LMAO.

They could make a motor in north america, or buy one off the shelf that would be only slightly more expensive than these pot metal Lifan motors. As someone mentioned earlier, the only reason I would give them any reliability estimate is because they are pumping these engines out by the millions for use in lawn mowers or snow blowers or some other mass application. They wouldn't want a major recall on these when they have a few million out there.

It will be interesting to see how the emissions are on these. But then again the people interested in these really only seem to care about the price and that they "look cool".

Edit: Sorry, I retract that they could buy a comparable engine here in North America. It isn't possible.

I just quickly googled the cost of a 250cc lifan motorcycle motor and in qty of 5 they are $160usd each. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/52...CC_engine.html

Lord, check this out...
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/50...uper_bike.html

For $800-1000? Why buy a Ninja or CB? Lol.
    Last edited by Spiider; 04-29-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Interesting, 15 minutes on google and we start to find out that these aren't designed or manufactured by these guys..."CPI" made these and wholesale them to "CCW".

The Heist:
    http://qik.com/video/45750016

The Hooligan:
    http://qik.com/video/45749640

So, they are just buying bikes completely designed and produced in china.
    Likely getting them by the 100's at a time, for less than a grand each and applying stickers to each one to make them seem cool and edgy.

So what on earth do they do in that big factory?

It does appear as though they are just buying the bikes from CPI and re-branding them.

I wonder how much it would cost to simply order one from CPI?

All this does not negate the fact that these bikes look pretty cool and many young people would love to own one.

It is pretty sneeky that CCW implies they have something to do with manufacturing, it doesn't even look like they have a part in QC of the bike.

Regardless, this bike might not be as bad as people say, I would need to see one for myself before stating that it is not worth 3 gran.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Well, to be fair, Spiider might be on to something. I also see "CPI Aragon" 50cc scooters on the PIT Motors (CCW's Distributing arm) website.

http://pitmotorsltd.com/pitl1_108.htm

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    So what on earth do they do in that big factory?

It does appear as though they are just buying the bikes from CPI and re-branding them.

I wonder how much it would cost to simply order one from CPI?
    Curiouser and curiouser...there's that e-mail that states the building is too large for they would like to rent sections out. They may also need space to do some sort of PDI and cull the dodgier specimens from reaching the showroom floor.

If it's true they're only a re-branded model with stickers (http://www.motor-rhon.com/New-products-chopper.htm), then CCW is going to face some backlash. Mind you, this is China we're talking about. The above link could merely be a copy, as could the other bikes. The cruiser image on the motorcycle tab is a Vulcan 900.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Made in China. You're better off spending a bit more for the Suzuki TU250X.
    We are selling our brand new 2011 TU250X, purchased for my wife, who thinks she's better off on a scooter. Check out our ad in the "for sale" section. We're in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsus View Post
    We are selling our brand new 2011 TU250X, purchased for my wife, who thinks she's better off on a scooter. Check out our ad in the "for sale" section. We're in London.
    I noticed that last night while digging around Kijiji. For such a small machine, it fit me better (6') than pretty much every other bike at last year's MC show, which says something about manufacturer's priorities.

It's tempting, but when would I use it? I barely get enough seat-time on the Burger.