turning right from middle lane - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turning right from middle lane

Re: turning right from middle lane

Thanks, Splash. That cleared it up perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Splash View Post
    You can't prove a negative... but nowhere in the HTA does it say you can't do it.

Also, it was posted already... See post #20

Right turn at intersection
    (2) Where a driver or operator of a vehicle intends to turn to the right into an intersecting highway, he or she shall, where the highway on which he or she is driving has marked lanes for traffic, approach the intersection within the right-hand lane or, where it has no such marked lanes, by keeping immediately to the left of the right curb or edge of the roadway and he or she shall make the right turn by entering the right-hand lane of the intersecting highway where the lane is marked or, where no such lane is marked, by keeping immediately to the left of the right curb or edge of the roadway being entered. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 141 (2).
    Right turn, where multiple lanes
    (3) Despite subsection (2), where more than one lane of a highway has been designated as a right-turn lane, the driver or operator of a vehicle intending to turn to the right into an intersecting highway shall approach the intersection in one of the lanes and leave the intersection in the lane of the intersecting highway that corresponds to the lane from which the turn was commenced. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 141 (3).

Red light
    (18 )Every driver approaching a traffic control signal showing a circular red indication and facing the indication shall stop his or her vehicle and shall not proceed until a green indication is shown. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 144 (18 ).

Exception – turn
    (19) Despite subsection (18 ) and subject to subsection (14), a driver, after stopping his or her vehicle and yielding the right of way to traffic lawfully approaching so closely that to proceed would constitute an immediate hazard, may,
    (a) turn to the right; or
    (b) turn to the left from a one-way street into a one-way street,
    without a green indication being shown. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 144 (19).
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    Good question for the traffic department. - maybe they were trying to save $$$ on paint?
    Is there an email address for the township/city whoever might own this responsibility?
    I sent an e-mail to "operations" but I couldn't find anything for roads or traffic services for the township of Whitby. Hopefully it'll get to the right department. I'll let you know the reply.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Can someone tell me which way the middle lane can/should go here at Manning and Garrard
    Eastbound on Manning Rd - there are 2 lanes and a new 3rd lane grows from the left, where does the middle lane go!? - can't go north - only 1 lane north, can't go south, only 1 lane south, can't go straight!, T-intersection.

http://g.co/maps/ncha9

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Can someone tell me which way the middle lane can/should go here at Manning and Garrard
    Eastbound on Manning Rd - there are 2 lanes and a new 3rd lane grows from the left, where does the middle lane go!? - can't go north - only 1 lane north, can't go south, only 1 lane south, can't go straight!, T-intersection.

Overflow for trucks perhaps? Should probably have been hatched out. Sometimes the lines aren't planned out before they're drawn.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Right now..... no where..

They are building a by pass soon and the middle lane will go straight.

On the left of the "fake" road there's a house in Street view. If you go there right now the house is gone.
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111