Every morning I drive down a road (with the car), and there is a traffic light for a left turn at one point that sometimes gets quite backed up. When I'm late, I make a left turn into one of the residential streets ahead of the traffic light, then I make a right turn and in this way I bypass the traffic light.

This is what I did today too, only that there was a cop waiting for me in that residential street. I thought he stopped me just to check my documents, but little did I know. Turns out that this left turn is prohibited from 7am to 9am. That was news to me, I've been doing that for years, I honestly didn't know that the turn is not allowed!

So, I got an $80 fine for "make prohibited left turn, City of Hamilton by-law 01-215.14".

Here is the problem:

I'll be buying my first super sport (GSXR750) in the summer, and I am afraid that this ticket will influence the insurance rates, which are high enough to begin with.

That said, is it worth pleading not-guilty and hope I get a trial date AFTER I get my new bike? Obviously I'm guilty because I did make the turn, so it's about strategy rather than avoiding the small fine. How about "Plea of Guilty with Submissions", or that would be just the same as "Guilty" for the insurance purposes?