Has anyone tried to get insurance for a SS with an at-fault car accident on record?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried to get insurance for a SS with an at-fault car accident on record?

Has anyone tried to get insurance for a SS with an at-fault car accident on record?

Topic. Just curious about the price. Not doing it until next year but I'm curious to see what the price would be. According to the chart on the sticky, if you're 25+ but under 30 your only choice is FA? Either way, looks like TD's website is giving 3800, and MM is going 4400.

EDIT: I should clarify. At fault claim, not at fault accident. No conviction or charges were laid.
    Last edited by 油井緋色; 03-13-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Re: Has anyone tried to get insurance for a SS with an at-fault car accident on recor

You might get lucky with SF?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Re: Has anyone tried to get insurance for a SS with an at-fault car accident on recor

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    You might get lucky with SF?
    Yeah I was gonna start calling next year. Kinda blows if I can't get my dream bike for six years =(

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Yeah I was gonna start calling next year. Kinda blows if I can't get my dream bike for six years =(
    I would check with SF first, I had a ticket and they didn't care for my motorcycle but they cared for my truck. I had to wait till it came off before I could bring my truck there and get the extra discount. Maybe you can get your dream bike
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    I would check with SF first, I had a ticket and they didn't care for my motorcycle but they cared for my truck. I had to wait till it came off before I could bring my truck there and get the extra discount. Maybe you can get your dream bike
    It's not a ticket though; aren't tickets just mostly minor things?

Insurance deemed me 50% at fault (so 100% at fault -_-) for an accident and a claim was made by both parties.

But yeah, maybe I'll just call around this year to put my mind at ease.
    EDIT: Forgot, who was your StateFarm broker?

Topic. Just curious about the price. Not doing it until next year but I'm curious to see what the price would be. According to the chart on the sticky, if you're 25+ but under 30 your only choice is FA? Either way, looks like TD's website is giving 3800, and MM is going 4400.

EDIT: I should clarify. At fault claim, not at fault accident. No conviction or charges were laid.
    How would you have an at fault claim from a not at fault accident...?

Insurance deemed me 50% at fault (so 100% at fault -_-) for an accident and a claim was made by both parties.

Errr... Posted at the same time. You just may as well say at fault accident since that is what is seen.

My SF Guy is Mike Etue in Kitchener.
    2001 CBR F4i

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Errr... Posted at the same time. You just may as well say at fault accident since that is what is seen.
    Cause police didn't deem me at fault, insurance did -_-

I don't know the technical terms, I just know I got screwed over for something I didn't do wrong.

Cause police didn't deem me at fault, insurance did -_-

I don't know the technical terms, I just know I got screwed over for something I didn't do wrong.
    Police usually don't say who i at fault unless someone broke a law, Insurance has the final say.
    But it happens to the best of us, I had a girl run a stop sign in the winter (Worst day of the winter, pure ice) and the car in front of me slammed their brakes on and I couldn't stop in time and hit the car in front of me (While we were both still moving) and we both slid into the car that ran the stop sign and she got charged with running the stop sign and I was deemed 100% at fault by the insurance.
    2001 CBR F4i

Im a new rider with an at fault and so far the best quote I got was sf which is $125 per month for 2001 f4i.
    The only problem is I dont have any other policy with them. So I would have to take out a life insurance policy with them also to get that rate. If I told you what td quoted me I think your
    computer would have a melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Im a new rider with an at fault and so far the best quote I got was sf which is $125 per month for 2001 f4i.
    The only problem is I dont have any other policy with them. So I would have to take out a life insurance policy with them also to get that rate. If I told you what td quoted me I think your
    Did you ask them how much it would be if you dont get life insurance with them?

With that paticular agent they wouldnt insure me without another policy, but thanks to the forums I found another who does not mind just the single policy so Im wating to here back with a quote. Apparently some agents require to have some sort of policy with them already.

No you do not need to have a life insurance policy with them. This is against statefarms and ontarios take all commers insurance regulations. When i first got insurance I was told this and speaking to another agent I was told it is against policy. After a quick chat with their complaints department and one of their regional managers the life insurance policy was refunded. Go to a different agent.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

With that paticular agent they wouldnt insure me without another policy, but thanks to the forums I found another who does not mind just the single policy so Im wating to here back with a quote. Apparently some agents require to have some sort of policy with them already.
    Thanks for the info, so it IS possible huh? Let me know how it goes for you.

Well since statefarm does not look at the SS aspect only the CC of the bike it should be possible. They insured me with 1 minor ticket and 1 at fault the first year i was riding on a 600 to.
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    Well since statefarm does not look at the SS aspect only the CC of the bike it should be possible. They insured me with 1 minor ticket and 1 at fault the first year i was riding on a 600 to.
    I'm just going by the fart up there because I'm 25 and have one at fault, which lead to facility.

I suppose this is going to be an issue that's agent specific.

I dont know why its leading to facilility. Was your at fault recent?
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    I dont know why its leading to facilility. Was your at fault recent?
    Very, December 2011. I'm not looking into a SS until next year, but I need to know the ball park of what I am supposed to save for...if insurance costs more than 5,000 then wtf is the point of having insurance.

EDIT: @Chop I forgot to ask, how old are you?
    Last edited by 油井緋色; 03-14-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Very, December 2011. I'm not looking into a SS until next year, but I need to know the ball park of what I am supposed to save for...if insurance costs more than 5,000 then wtf is the point of having insurance.

EDIT: @Chop I forgot to ask, how old are you?
    31. Im going to be talking with another agent when I get off work. Ill let you know what I get quoted.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with another agent, and was quoted $126/month which is consisted with what I was quoted with the other agent who tried to scam me into a life insurance policy.
    Last edited by Chop; 03-14-2012 at 05:31 PM.