Brett McCormick Promoted to Full WSBK ride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brett McCormick Promoted to Full WSBK ride

Brett McCormick Promoted to Full WSBK ride

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/20...Superbike.html

The Ducati Liberty does not stop and the next round of the World will field a fourth 1198R Superbike Brett McCormick . The twenty Canadian throughout the season alongside Sylvain Guintoli, Jakub Smrz and Maxime Berger of the busiest in the box derived from the series.
    McCormick in 2011 has dominated the national championship with BMW winning six out of seven rounds and landed in the World with the blessing of Pirelli, which is also the sole supplier of the Canadian series. The mega teams of Czech Republic had planned to do in World Cup debut with Ducati Panigale Stock. So much so that McCormick had got to try the prototype last month in Australia last year with Federico Sandi that would be his teammate.
    But after Phillip Island Ducati Liberty programs have changed, and Brett was promoted in the Superbike class that knows loves having also competed in the 2010 series, with ninth-place finish.
    In Superstock alongside Sandi could now get Raffaele De Rosa who after her divorce from Pro Ride Honda is looking for accommodation and did not rule out the possibility of access by the formula to distribute under 26 years.

(google translated from Italian)

Read more: http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/20...#ixzz1p05v5Wds

Re: Brett McCormick Promoted to Full WSBK ride

Wow ! Congrat's to Brett ! Amazing rider, nice to see make it to international level competition.

Nice!
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

That is AWESOME! WSB should be interesting this coming year.

The first two races were awesome.

It's fantastic news, damn shame that WSBK only comes to N.A once a year.

This kid is great to watch. I was wondering how I was going to watch his races in Super Stock Series but Speed carries WSBK races so I think that problem is solved.

Congrats Brett!

That's great news. Congrats to Brett>
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

tweet from Brett this morning

"@BrettMcCormick6: No wifi past few days.. Looks like the cat is officially out of the bag! SUPERBIKE! Can't thank the team enough for the opportunity! #fb"

"Team release is out, news is official now.

Promoted to World Superbike!

All I can say is this is a dream come true, and everybody who's been there for me over the years, thank you! Wouldn't be here without an amazing family and circle of friends. Not to mention everybody in the Canadian motorcycle industry. I will do my best to do Canada proud this year

It all starts in Imola.. Can't wait. Seriously, if anyone has a time machine I will pay top dollar to make April 1 come quicker!

BRAAAAAP!"
    Brett

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-sb...p-to-sbk-.html

As part of an initiative to expand the influence and results base of the overall Effenbert Liberty racing team in 2012 the three-man squad of Sylvain Guintoli, Jakub Smrz and Maxime Berger has been expanded to include a rider who was all set to represent the team in the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup this year, Brett McCormick. The Canadian rider will now compete on a fourth Effenbert branded Ducati Superbike from Imola onwards. Nicknamed ‘The Kid' McCormick will be riding the Ducati 1198, running the race number of 68, for the first time.

McCormick, who will achieve a personal ambition by riding in Superbike this season, said, "The Effenbert Liberty Racing Team is giving me a great opportunity. My dream has always been to race in SBK and now that I have this opportunity, I will give it everything on the track. Recently, I've been studying and memorizing the circuits, which obviously I do not know well, so that when the D-day comes I am as prepared as I can be. It is going to be a very challenging season for me since I'm about to face many experienced riders. This is undoubtedly a great way to learn and grow and I will always try to be in the leading group!"

Team owner Mario Bertuccio also stated, "The incentive to promote McCormick into Superbike is consistent with our philosophy of helping to bring on young talents. We truly have the highest respect for the Canadian rider, we trust him and are certain that he can pay us back on the track. This is an important choice. There are only a few teams in SBK who have decided to increase the budget for the current season and our route makes us, day-after-day, even more proud and confident about the potential of the team. Federico Sandi remains Effenbert Liberty Racing Team's ace in Superstock and I am sure he will give us very good results riding the competitive Panigale 1199. Our active engagement in this direction remains intact."

I heard an interview with him on a podcast called, "motopod". He sounds like a really nice down to earth guy. Its great news and I'm looking forward to following his season. Great to have a Canadian at that level to follow.
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    This kid is great to watch. I was wondering how I was going to watch his races in Super Stock Series but Speed carries WSBK races so I think that problem is solved.

Congrats Brett!

I just watch them WSB races just like I do the AMA Supercross races which is via You Tube. Albiet they are usually 12- 24 hours after the actual race.

2012 WSK Australia Race 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2S8R...D120D8D4E43134

Enjoy!
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    I just watch them WSB races just like I do the AMA Supercross races which is via You Tube. Albiet they are usually 12- 24 hours after the actual race.

2012 WSK Australia Race 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2S8R...D120D8D4E43134

Enjoy!
    He was talking about Superstock not Superbike.

It's the McCormick weekend!

Live reporting on his progress from the Inside Motorcycles site:
    http://www.insidemotorcycles.com/

A look back on his progress. 6 years to World Superbike, that's impressive!
    http://www.insidemotorcycles.com/fea...mccormick.html

He finished 16th in both races ahead of the likes of Aoyama etc. Not bad at all considering he's barely ridden the 1198 at all at a brand new circuit.

Nice interview with him pre races.

Last edited by Jia; 04-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.

That Stash is brutal... lol.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    That Stash is brutal... lol.

Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Shiny side up for him the whole weekend.

That series is no walk in the park, so excellent showing by him.

Bad news today for Joan Lascorz, hope it's not too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post

Bad news today for Joan Lascorz, hope it's not too serious.
    Unfortunately it is, he is on a mechanical breather and may remain/become a paraplegic. Horrific news.