icon field armor boots

Thread: icon field armor boots

icon field armor boots

does anyone have a pair of the icon field armor boots? im looking at getting a new pair of riding boots that will cover my ankle, anyone who has them, how are they? like them?

Re: icon field armor boots

Just noticed this post now or I would have responded sooner.

I started out my first season (2010) with the Icon Field Armor boots, and I will vouch for them. Great protection (at least it felt that way, I never got to truly test them thankfully) especially with the extended ankle section. The latching mechanisms are both a pro and con; pro for being able to adjust the fit/tightness to your preference, and con for making putting on/taking off the boots take longer than most alternatives.

Two things I'll mention: One, the boots are fairly heavy, almost tiring at times. Also, I wore through the inner lining of the boots after a season of use. That said, I frequently wore the boots all day long at work etc, so they probably got more use than would be typical of riding boots. Contrary to this however, I've been wearing AlpineStars Web Gore-Tex boots for the last season and a bit, and no sign (yet) of the liner giving way, plus I love the waterproof design -- got my feet soaked on a few occasions wearing the Icons. The Webs have some pretty decent protection if you want a less sporty/more touring-oriented boot, but they do lack some of the "extras" the Icons and the more race-oriented AlpineStars boots have.