Insurance company options with a supersport bike (Yamaha R6)

Thread: Insurance company options with a supersport bike (Yamaha R6)

Insurance company options with a supersport bike (Yamaha R6)

When I was doing my insurance research last year, only statefarm would give a reasonable quote (without something like a crazy 4x premium for Jevco, TD, etc) for supersport bikes. Is it still the case now? Are there other insurance companies that you guys have experienced with that doesn't give an insane quote for sport bikes?

Thanks,
    Yorick

Re: Insurance company options with a supersport bike (Yamaha R6)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawick View Post
    When I was doing my insurance research last year, only statefarm would give a reasonable quote (without something like a crazy 4x premium for Jevco, TD, etc) for supersport bikes. Is it still the case now? Are there other insurance companies that you guys have experienced with that doesn't give an insane quote for sport bikes?

Thanks,
    Yorick
    Could have just edited your previous thread... Most people with SS's here are insured by SF or TD

Thanks PLau for the info! I've been getting in touch with a statefarm agent now, thanks!

TD can still insure SS's at a reasonable price? I just got an online quote and it was $5k/year when I have no tickets and am over 25!

Yorick

Thanks PLau for the info! I've been getting in touch with a statefarm agent now, thanks!

TD can still insure SS's at a reasonable price? I just got an online quote and it was $5k/year when I have no tickets and am over 25!

Yorick
    Most, if not all online quotes are inaccurate. Just call to save yourself time.

It's probably not going to be 5k a year but I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to that after you called in. I would say maybe around 3k a year.

Afterall, ppl with SS doing stunting moves on streets are the people who make us pay so much on SS bikes.

StateFarm quoted me $1550 for an r6(got m2 in October). my 696 monster costs $2028
    2012 Ducati Monster 696

im even lower with SF then what budget racing mentioned with full coverage..mind you i have a clean record

Yorick
    TD premiums don't have the big decrease until you are over 30yo. I'm guessing you are 25-29yo.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)