New to Thornhill

Thread: New to Thornhill

New to Thornhill

Hey all!

Of course, I love my shiny black '03 Honda Shadow ACE - no tank decals, no tassels, no braids, no studs. Just clean lines and chrome. But the riding-related thing I'm most excited about these days is not my bike.

You see, my wife is 5 months pregnant, and so she said, "It's time to ditch your shorty. I want my child's father to have a face if you have an accident."

So after weeks of agonized shopping, I picked up a Shoei Quest glossy black full-face, stripped it of all the decals with my fingernails, and slapped a mirrored Spectra Chrome shield on it. I'm in love. It has become the centrepiece of our living room. My bike isn't on the road yet, but I wear my helmet washing the dishes and watching TV. My wife thinks I'm strange (I'm not - just obsessed), but she's happy I'm so thrilled about the object of her stipulation.

I'll be garaged around Yonge and Royal Orchard, so if anyone has any outings planned, I'd love to join. I'll be looking for my fellow riders in the neighbourhood!

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shoei Qwest Custom.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	27723
    Last edited by blackchrome; 03-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Re: New to Thornhill

Welcome!!

Welcome, and congrats on the upcoming newborn!
    Steve

Welcome to the forum and congrats! Cheers

Good choice in opting for the full face, your wife has a valid point - and I must say you couldn't have said it more eloquently. I'm at Yonge and Centre, and always looking for fellow riders to go for a spin. jimmy@interlinehardware.com