Nike undergear on sale

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike undergear on sale

Nike undergear on sale

$29.99 (tops and bottoms) at Sportchek.Time to stock up.Great under the leathers.
    http://waterlooon.flyerland.ca/produ...ression/page-1
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Re: Nike undergear on sale

um the under amor brand is like $10 at walmart ...

and works just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    $29.99 (tops and bottoms) at Sportchek.Time to stock up.Great under the leathers.
    http://waterlooon.flyerland.ca/produ...ression/page-1

Quote Originally Posted by Petraeus View Post
    and works just as good.
    I point and laugh at you!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Yeah.....dont forget, wearing that fancy swoosh costs a princely additional sum.

Cough, cough, VnM, cough....
    Many thanks to my kid's sponsors: MOTOZEN Racing, Bickle Racing, JD Trailer Sales, GPBikes, Johnny Andro of GUNN's Physical FX Studio,CSV Graphics, Z1 cycletech, Chinatown Optical, ImpactArmor, MPHD Ltd, The Morton Foundation, Kevin Zhang, Sam Nawaz, Donovan Paige, Les Booth and race coach extraordinaire/ voice of reason; John Bickle!

Quote Originally Posted by Petraeus View Post
    um the under amor brand is like $10 at walmart ...

and works just as good.
    I have two pairs of those....i find the tops a bit too short and they'r too stretchy...

I got one but I find it quite uncomfortable.

Sorry guys, but GOOD under gear is not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    I have two pairs of those....i find the tops a bit too short and they'r too stretchy...
    That's why i buy the Nike.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Sorry guys, but GOOD under gear is not cheap.
    How do you find the quality of VnM?
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    How do you find the quality of VnM?
    They feel very different, they feel strange at first, but after getting used to them they do make a big difference. By comparison my UA and other cheaper stuff seems kinda useless.

The VnM stuff isn't stretchy like UA or Nike gear. At first you might think that's bad but once you realize what the compression stuff is really for, stretchy isn't good.

They feel very different, they feel strange at first, but after getting used to them they do make a big difference. By comparison my UA and other cheaper stuff seems kinda useless.

The VnM stuff isn't stretchy like UA or Nike gear. At first you might think that's bad but once you realize what the compression stuff is really for, stretchy isn't good.
    Yea compression stuff is uncomfortable. I picked up some bike shirts at MEC and they are very comfy.

la Vie en Rose has great cheap men underwear... if you dont mind polka dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Cough, cough, VnM, cough....
    Hmmmm...... I recognize that avatar from somewhere
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Okay, someone explain to me the reason for compression fit clothing,and why and what it does.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Okay, someone explain to me the reason for compression fit clothing,and why and what it does.
    Short story; helps reduce lactic acid buildup and 'pump.'

Long story: http://www.active.com/triathlon/Arti...on-Clothes.htm
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Hmmmm...... I recognize that avatar from somewhere
    Some incredible photographer got an incredible shot of my kid being incredible...
    Many thanks to my kid's sponsors: MOTOZEN Racing, Bickle Racing, JD Trailer Sales, GPBikes, Johnny Andro of GUNN's Physical FX Studio,CSV Graphics, Z1 cycletech, Chinatown Optical, ImpactArmor, MPHD Ltd, The Morton Foundation, Kevin Zhang, Sam Nawaz, Donovan Paige, Les Booth and race coach extraordinaire/ voice of reason; John Bickle!

On top of that it helps stop binding of layers too. I prefer to wear a compression top and bottoms to prevent chaffing. If they breathe well they prevent build up of sweat and moving moisture from your body to the outside layers cools the body through evaporative cooling...it really lets your body work the way it's supposed to (sweating to get cool). The good stuff (antimicrobial, good fit, good stitching and most important...breathability) can be pricey if bought at MSRP but there's excellent stuff from Helly Hansen, Nike, Underarmour, Craft, that you can pick up on sale (sales like the one the OP mentions) all the time. For the winter people might want to look at the new omniheat underlayers from Columbia. They have a reflective coating that helps keep heat in.

Okay then , so it reduces lactic acid build up. Well if the compression is tight enough to reduce lactic acid build up by squishing it out the muscles,,,then that same compression can reduce the flow of blood into the muscle,,thus increasing lactic acid build up. So to move lactic acid out you must move blood in. So I can see it post activety. But to use it during an activety contradicts itself.
    I'm not asking about chaffing,or the reduction of sweat. I have sold more PUG wear trackside then anyone. I just don"t get this "Compression" wear. Any product that helps reduce heat build up and the reduction of sweat build up far exceeds the small gains I think any one would make medically by using compression wear,,IMO.
    Would like to see a medical study proving that "compression" garmets work and would not impeed blood flow. Anybody point me in that direction?
    And is there a product that has compression fit and a high content of Coolmax?

Okay then , so it reduces lactic acid build up. Well if the compression is tight enough to reduce lactic acid build up by squishing it out the muscles,,,then that same compression can reduce the flow of blood into the muscle,,thus increasing lactic acid build up. So to move lactic acid out you must move blood in. So I can see it post activety. But to use it during an activety contradicts itself.
    Not exactly.

The compression may impede blood flow to the muscle but the benefits of helping evacuate blood from the muscle are still a net gain. The continuous exertion of a rider with a 'death grip' on the bars or the repeated flexing of the right forearm from a rider who is hard on the brakes often (think TMP, a track with several hard braking zones) will cause the forearm muscles to swell. All of our muscles are encased in inelastic sacs. If the muscle continues to swell it can expand to fill this muscle sac. At this point the swollen muscle itself is what is restricting blood flow. Now your heart is unable to pump as much blood into the muscle to flush it out and you get arm pump.

Proper fitting compression gear acts to prevent this. Blood is supplied to the muscle tissue deeper below the skin, the effects of the compression gear are less pronounced the deeper you go so the effects of external compression while flexing are relatively limited. Once the muscle is relaxed the external compression helps push blood from the tiny capillaries closer to the surface of the skin into the larger faster flowing blood vessels. Given that the time between braking zones is relatively constant, if you can evacuate lactic acid and blood from the muscle faster it is less likely that your muscle will swell to the extent that it fills the muscle sac and restricts blood flow.

Does that help?

Does that help?
    uhmmm, no. Maybe I should qualify myself,,was a sports Therapist for 25 years with Junior A,Senior A Lacrosse,Junior Hockey and did some spot work for the Argo's in college as well as the Head Trainer for Canada's Field Lacrosse team. I have worked with Joey Newendyke Gary Roberts, Adam Foot,John Mclean, and many more NHL players when they were in Junior.
    Not sure I get this muscle sack you point out. Would you mean the compartment the muscle is in?
    My confusion stems from the fact that ,,okay,,like a bike,, no air in no exhaust out. So the muscle needs blood which has fuel,oxygen and carries the waste bi products of muscle exhertion,lactic acid away.
    Forearm pump is basicaly from lack of physical conditioning,,,or reaching the end of your conditioning. There is no way any form of elastic will fix your forearm. The muscle is retricted from expelling blood from the death grip you mention. The only thing that can fix that is relaxing the grip and conditioning.
    Lactic acid is only in the blood vessels of the muscle, it is a bi product of muscle exhertion. So the capilliaries near the surface would not have lactic acid.
    Muscle stiffness is a result of lactic acid build up. Post sports stretching and cool down is primarily the way to get rid of lactic acid.
    I just have trouble ,,other then the fact that ,,okay, it may feel great. Holds your body tight and gives you a secure feeling.
    All of these garmets regardless,UA,PUG,VnM are all some form of enginered fabric.That in itself is really cool! But I can"t see how compression works. But, if it does not work medically,,but makes you feel better then it does not really matter, casue feeling good is what it's all about.