Disabled Parking Ticket

Thread: Disabled Parking Ticket

Disabled Parking Ticket

Just looking for some input on fighting this ticket.. Don't know if anyone here can say from own experience.

This is what happened, last year I received by mail a notice of outstanding ticket of $450. I wasn't aware of any ticket. When I looked up the location I remembered being there at the same night, however I didn't see any tickets in my windshield, and the place has clear signs of disabled parking. I strongly doubt that I would have parked there. This is the address and street view below:

So I applied to fight but I don't have date yet... looking for tips. Not sure if I should apply for the disclosure as I read it can backfire.

Thanks,
    Vic.

Re: Disabled Parking Ticket

Worst thing that can happen is you go to court and ticket is reduced to $100-$150, it happened to me. Best thing is officer doesn't show up and ticket is tossed.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I've fought two parking tickets and both times the officer just stood up and said "I have no evidence to offer in this case." and they got tossed. Give it a shot.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I recommend that you go back and personally check the signage. It could be inadequate or blocked. Unfortunately Street Views doesn't seem to cover that side of the street, so I can't get a good look at the signage. Perhaps the entire length is intended to be handicapped access?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I've fought two parking tickets and both times the officer just stood up and said "I have no evidence to offer in this case." and they got tossed. Give it a shot.
    what evidence they will have on parking ticket? take a picture or make a note?? all I see what they do is type some lic plate and print out yellow ticket, put on windshield that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I recommend that you go back and personally check the signage. It could be inadequate or blocked. Unfortunately Street Views doesn't seem to cover that side of the street, so I can't get a good look at the signage. Perhaps the entire length is intended to be handicapped access?
    I'm gonna try to do that this weekend. Thanks.

Ask for disclosure and all that. They don't really expect that for parking tickets.
    http://www.ticketcombat.com/parking/parking.php

just go fight it, worst case for me for these tickets in the past is they get reduced, some will get tossed...call the city and make sure that disabled spot is registered at that location...you can do this just through email from the city once you have spoken with someone...you'd be urprised what is on the street, but not in the system...