Paint question...

Thread: Paint question...

Paint question...

I have a quick question and hope someone can give me the information needed so that I can order in my paint..

I got a buddy who can do the paint work for me but need to know how much is required to paint a Nose & right mid fairing on a '06 ZX6r NINJA...

Please let me know how much is required so that I can order this paint in off of Color Rite ASAP..

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Colour I need is to match a Magma Red zx6

http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment...6-p3291609.jpg
    Last edited by -B-Rye; 03-11-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Re: Paint question...

BTW...

If anyone can also suggest maybe an alternative to matching the paint and not having to pay the "HUGE" price they charge and wait for shipping please give suggestions..

I can be emailed personally at brian-c-santos@windmobile.blackberry.com or txt (647)895-3114

- Brian

A pint of base should do it. Mixes 50:50 w/thinners.

you think i can go elsewhere compared to Color Rite for something to match fairly close and if so.. recommendations for a place..?

Quote Originally Posted by -B-Rye View Post
    you think i can go elsewhere compared to Color Rite for something to match fairly close and if so.. recommendations for a place..?

As far as i know Colorrite is the only company that has the rights to mix motorcycle manufacters paint line.(so they can charge a arm and a leg)

That being said,

You can take off a piece of the bike, bring it to a paint mixing store like Napa and they can scan it for you and give you the closest match..

but unless your painter is going to blow the base into adjacent panels, you will be able to tell the differance..

my painter is has the tools and booth space needed to do the job.. paints aerospace parts for a living... should pan out great!

also tattoo's as a side job... wont mess it up!

Quote Originally Posted by -B-Rye View Post
    my painter is has the tools and booth space needed to do the job.. paints aerospace parts for a living... should pan out great!

looking at a paint job from 45,000 feet is a big diffeance then looking at it from 4 feet....

doesnt really matter how good a painter is if you spray the wrong color, it will be noticeable
    to make it less noticeable is to blow the base into adjacent panals

just my 2 cents

I painted for Magellen Areospace for 8 years,, dont recall ever spraying base/clear for that application

fair enough... i will figure out exactly if something similar can be found for the colour required.. thanks for the help..

If anyone else has input feel free to add to this thread!

A half pint will be plenty for that job..... Get it from colorrite, and be sure...... It's expensive, but you'll kick yourself if the scanned stuff doesn't match...... And you'll pay again to get it right.... Collorite ship quickly if they have it in stock, usually 2 or 3 days..... Just my. 02. Cheers

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca

Quote Originally Posted by cheekeebandito View Post
    A half pint will be plenty for that job..... Get it from colorrite, and be sure...... It's expensive, but you'll kick yourself if the scanned stuff doesn't match...... And you'll pay again to get it right.... Collorite ship quickly if they have it in stock, usually 2 or 3 days..... Just my. 02. Cheers
    So... your saying a half pint should be enough for the mid fairing and the nose section.. the other guy said a pint... now I do not know which to order.. I was thinking matching paint but it might not be the same in the end and not look proper making me spend money again to get the proper paint.. please inform.. thanks buddy!

pm'd you ...... half pint is plenty ! It ain't cheap , so don't waste more $$ than you have to....... Cheers

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca