Pirelli Angel ST's or Bridgestone BT023 GT ?

Thread: Pirelli Angel ST's or Bridgestone BT023 GT ?

Pirelli Angel ST's or Bridgestone BT023 GT ?

Getting the bike out of storage and noticed I really need a new set of tires.

Thinking that the Pirelli Angel ST or Bridgestone BT023 GT are the most likely for my next set.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried both, or either for distance riding 2-up on a sport-tourer (in this case, a sprint GT 1050)

Just installed the Bt-023GT's on my bike but havnt had it out on the road yet.
    Reviews look good tho, I did my homework on these.
    Tires themselfs look like there up to the challenge, the gt front tite has different tread design for wet weather and the series has re enforced belt carcus.
    They look good I think i will be happy with them.
    Coming off PR3's and PR2's so can't comment on the Angels. Although I also did consider them.
    A friend of mine has them on his zx10 and said that there not very confidence inspiring thru hard twisties.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Pirelli Angel ST's or Bridgestone BT023 GT ?

I have the pirelli angels installed on my Bandit 600 and I LOVE them! I had them before my 5,000km+ tour through NY, VT, NH, MN, Nova Scotia and back home and they performed excellently in all weather and all road conditions. Can't speak to them two up as the Mrs. rides her own bike. I would recomend them to anyone. My mechanic says they should wear well too.
    "Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I have the pirelli angels installed on my Bandit 600 and I LOVE them! I had them before my 5,000km+ tour through NY, VT, NH, MN, Nova Scotia and back home and they performed excellently in all weather and all road conditions. Can't speak to them two up as the Mrs. rides her own bike. I would recomend them to anyone. My mechanic says they should wear well too.
    +100
    I love mine's. Pirelli do make really good tires.
    Their counterpart Metzler has the same feel too
    Resident Loudmouth

Thanks for the feedback, in the end I've decided to get a set of each this season and try them out (
    I'll need at least two sets anyway...)

My 023's were on my GSXR for 5000 kms, and then swapped them onto my KTM for almost 11,000 kms....and they are maybe 50-60% left. They stick like glue too. rock them just as hard as any full on sprt tire I have ever ridden on. In fact I don't give any consideration to the fact that they are touring tires when I am riding twisties...I just ride as I want to, and they just keep on going.

After PR2's, Conti Road Attcks, and 023's, these are my favourite sport touring tire so far.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    My 023's were on my GSXR for 5000 kms, and then swapped them onto my KTM for almost 11,000 kms....and they are maybe 50-60% left. They stick like glue too. rock them just as hard as any full on sprt tire I have ever ridden on. In fact I don't give any consideration to the fact that they are touring tires when I am riding twisties...I just ride as I want to, and they just keep on going.

After PR2's, Conti Road Attcks, and 023's, these are my favourite sport touring tire so far.
    Did you get the normal 023 or the GT? Also should I get the GT or the normal for a 98 vfr 800?
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

I got the regular ones. The GT is for heavier bikes, especially ones that are notorious for eating front tires like the ST1100/1300, FJR1300,COncours1400, etc.

I am not an expert, but I think a VFR would be too light to warrant the GT, by Bridgestone's standards.
    However, I put them on my 05 GSXR1000 becasue of a referral from another rider who put them onto his GSXR. After riding a bigger bike, with the GT, he also said that he liked the feel of the GT front better, and wondered what his GSXR would feel like with the GT front and regular 023 rear.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Ah. Well looking it up online, at bikebandit, they come to about $220 shipped for a set of the GT with a 10% off code. Debating between these and the Roadsmart 2 (Roadsmart's are $50 more for the set, with the code applied)
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Had the Pirelli Angel ST on the blackbird and find less confidence in it vs the PR3 i have on now. Also not that satisfied with the tread life.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400