Nuts. Accidents in Asia - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuts. Accidents in Asia

Re: Nuts. Accidents in Asia

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Ya i didn't think so. keep living in your little bubble

BTW. everywhere is overpopulated compared to Canada.
    Not Alaska lmao

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    Can't say about other countries but Vietnam doesn't seem to have a drinking and riding law. And recently they've come out with a driver's license though less than half have them and most kids just jump on the bike and learn on the go at an early age.

And yes I love riding in my Asian country. The scenery, the smell it's awesome. It's not quite as dangerous as the ones in the video where most are bone head moves travelling at fast rate of speed whereas most travel slow.
    I would agree as I have travelled all over asia and my last trip to Thailand rented a 2007 CBR 1000RR did not have any issues riding there. Then again my years of splitting lanes in California on Hyw 101 and 405 really did come in handy when riding in Thailand. Remember the video is a compilation of crashes if we did the same in North America wonder what the response will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    Everyone race has bad drivers.
    That's for sure. I live in Woodbridge and the people here are just as bad as in Markham. The only difference is that here they do the same stupid stuff at a higher rate of speed.
    When you want something done in the worst way, that's usually the way it is implimented... in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by joet100r View Post
    That's for sure. I live in Woodbridge and the people here are just as bad as in Markham. The only difference is that here they do the same stupid stuff at a higher rate of speed.
    and there is a lot more hair gel involved
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

For all those thinking it's bad wouldn't even have the balls to cross the street over there. I bet you're a perfect driver yourself 100% of the time too right?

First time i rode was in vietnam and had a blast. Taking in the scenery and your surroundings is what made me start riding here when i got back (unfortunatly not many scenic places near by). Had a lot of close calls but always manage to get out of the pinch. I chalked my luckiness to being a young man with quick reflexes.

After riding along cliffs edges and coastal towns, riding here just doesnt seem..."romantic" in comparison. I've even ridding up one mountain that was so high that i felt my ears pop on the way up. When i reached the top, i found out it wasn't the top and only merely a summit with a huge lake.
    These riders in the video are bad i admit, but its mostly due to the high population and low regulations.

If everyone watched top gear (british) the vietnam special, you'll know what i mean.
    Last edited by Sillylion; 03-12-2012 at 11:01 PM.

It is funny as yesterday on the DVP I was almost taken out by two motorists who were changing lanes and not checking beside them. Goes to show that there are bad drivers all over the world including Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    I would agree as I have travelled all over asia and my last trip to Thailand rented a 2007 CBR 1000RR did not have any issues riding there. Then again my years of splitting lanes in California on Hyw 101 and 405 really did come in handy when riding in Thailand. Remember the video is a compilation of crashes if we did the same in North America wonder what the response will be.
    What'd you pay to rent the CBR in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahulk View Post
    It is funny as yesterday on the DVP I was almost taken out by two motorists who were changing lanes and not checking beside them. Goes to show that there are bad drivers all over the world including Canada.
    People should just start honking incessantly like in Vietnam. They don't honk because their angry it's to let other riders know they're going to pass you and normally the person being passed will move over a bit to the right, they're in your blindspot or just to let you know that they're behind you.

Well not incessantly but at least put the horn to good use. I can't remember the last time I used the horn if ever in Canada.

I've posted this video before and I'm sure many of you have seen it.

In over populated countries, there's the exact opposite with random traffic flow and it flows very well with no accidents.

I hoped on a Yamaha at 14 when I was visiting India, never went in to populated areas but I was out riding!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    People should just start honking incessantly like in Vietnam. They don't honk because their angry it's to let other riders know they're going to pass you and normally the person being passed will move over a bit to the right, they're in your blindspot or just to let you know that they're behind you.

Well not incessantly but at least put the horn to good use. I can't remember the last time I used the horn if ever in Canada.
    Ah, yes. The infamous honk and proceed. Excellent!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    I've posted this video before and I'm sure many of you have seen it.

In over populated countries, there's the exact opposite with random traffic flow and it flows very well with no accidents.

I hoped on a Yamaha at 14 when I was visiting India, never went in to populated areas but I was out riding!

Ah, yes. The infamous honk and proceed. Excellent!
    WOW, that was amazing. Nobody has time to put on make up, cell phone, etc.Most cagers here could not survive that, they would have to concentrate on actually driving. What would the soccer mums do? Great example of how to drive for real. Thanks.

I've never seen so many Darwin awards in one video.
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    WOW, that was amazing. Nobody has time to put on make up, cell phone, etc.Most cagers here could not survive that, they would have to concentrate on actually driving. What would the soccer mums do? Great example of how to drive for real. Thanks.
    No problem! It takes crazy amount of concentration and focus to drive in countries like that.. you'll see buses and truck squeeze in to places that little Smart Cars would be scared too over here!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    At 4:08 hahahaha stupid pillions lol
    I died laughing at that part lol

lost count of how many helmets went flying, lol

believe it was 80 usd a day

I was born in the philippines but never drove there. Let me tell you it would take some skill to drive there. Growing up in Canada and visiting there I would not be able to handle it.

Rome by the Vatican traffic was like organized chaos. They're all crazy but most got some mad skill