In mid february, I sat down and called as many insurance companies as I could to find the best rate, and made an Excel file with payment plan info, premiums, etc. Meloche Monnex was the best rate, at $2013 a year. The insurance broker on the line told me that they I would be paying over 12 months, making payments roughly $160/month. Awesome rate for a first year of riding 19 year old.

Fast forward to today, as I go to activate my insurance, and the broker on the other line tells me right at the end that they only do 7 month payment plan, and apoligises for the miscommunication - apparantly the previous broker was thinking of auto insurance when they gave me the 12 month figure. I asked for the original broker's name, time/date of the call, and then asked if every call was recorded. Broker gives me all the info, and says yes indeed every call is recorded. I ask him if he feels it's fair that a company makes me an offer through a licensed insurance broker, has recorded proof of said offer, then refuses to honor it when I accept it.. Broker was very nice and said yes, he agrees that it is unfortunate.
I ask to be transferred to a supervisor, and the broker is more than happy to transfer me, but warns me repeatedly that there is no way possible for them to give me a 12 month plan, but I am free to complain about the previous broker's mistake. That was fine with me, as all I wanted was to make sure the previous broker is followed up on.
Never got to speak to the supervisor, rather, the agent comes back on the line and Meloche Monnex makes an exception for me and lets me pay over 12 months.

This is the ONLY time I have had a reasonable, happy outcome when it comes to insurance shopping. Kudos to MM for standing behind their offer!! More than happy to give them my business at this point.