Meloche Monnex lets me pay in 12 payments!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meloche Monnex lets me pay in 12 payments!

Talking Meloche Monnex lets me pay in 12 payments!

In mid february, I sat down and called as many insurance companies as I could to find the best rate, and made an Excel file with payment plan info, premiums, etc. Meloche Monnex was the best rate, at $2013 a year. The insurance broker on the line told me that they I would be paying over 12 months, making payments roughly $160/month. Awesome rate for a first year of riding 19 year old.

Fast forward to today, as I go to activate my insurance, and the broker on the other line tells me right at the end that they only do 7 month payment plan, and apoligises for the miscommunication - apparantly the previous broker was thinking of auto insurance when they gave me the 12 month figure. I asked for the original broker's name, time/date of the call, and then asked if every call was recorded. Broker gives me all the info, and says yes indeed every call is recorded. I ask him if he feels it's fair that a company makes me an offer through a licensed insurance broker, has recorded proof of said offer, then refuses to honor it when I accept it.. Broker was very nice and said yes, he agrees that it is unfortunate.
    I ask to be transferred to a supervisor, and the broker is more than happy to transfer me, but warns me repeatedly that there is no way possible for them to give me a 12 month plan, but I am free to complain about the previous broker's mistake. That was fine with me, as all I wanted was to make sure the previous broker is followed up on.
    Never got to speak to the supervisor, rather, the agent comes back on the line and Meloche Monnex makes an exception for me and lets me pay over 12 months.

This is the ONLY time I have had a reasonable, happy outcome when it comes to insurance shopping. Kudos to MM for standing behind their offer!! More than happy to give them my business at this point.

Re: Meloche Monnex lets me pay in 12 payments!

I like MM, took me 20 min to get insured over the phone, broker very helpful and patient
    1530 first year riding, noone comes close

Would you mind stating which bike did u get a quote for?

I just got a quote for 19xx/year broken down into 6 installments...

26 male 2000 yamaha r6 no accidents + 1 conviction 5 yrs ago ( my licence ended up being suspended for a month because of the fact that i was considered a novice driver at the time in 07..G2 Class...ticket was due to having an excess passenger in my car....this friends friend of mine was drunk after clubbing and all her friend ended up ditching her so i felt sorry for her and squeezed her into my car to give her a ride home...lol obviously i got pulled over and i ended up being screwed)

anywayz is this a good deal?!?!

apparently that particular bike is black listed with all other insurance companies besides statefarm...Ron from Rider plus( nice guy btw) stated that im looking at over 3500/yr

I've been driving for over 10 years, but still have my g2..had to do it all over again.(was out of country when it expired the first time)...but planning on getting my G veryyyy sooon.

Anywayz.. members of GTAM, is that a reasonable quote for a 26 yrs old with no accidents + 1 conviction in 07

and to the op..i didnt intend to steal ur thread :P

am glad it worked out for you

edit
    M2 for the past 4 years..started on the 08 ninja 250r in 2009...god i missed that bike...HELLA FUN..i feel all new riders should start on a 250cc because you learn tonz..its my opinion anywayz)
    Last edited by flanka007; 03-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.

I'm also with TD Meloch Monex. My 2010 - 2011 policies were spread out over 7 instalments. For 2012 they put me on a 12 month payment plan automatically. So when the second broker mentioned they only do that for auto insurance, he was mistaken. The first person you spoke to had it correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    I'm also with TD Meloch Monex. My 2010 - 2011 policies were spread out over 7 instalments. For 2012 they put me on a 12 month payment plan automatically. So when the second broker mentioned they only do that for auto insurance, he was mistaken. The first person you spoke to had it correct.
    Ohh, that makes sense...because usually insurance companies are very strict on policies.. it's unusual for them to make an exception. Either way, I got the 12 month plan and I'm happy

are you a part of an organization that lets you use MM? I'm an engineering student, and participating in the student membership program for the professional engineers ontario, but I don't know if that's enough. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    are you a part of an organization that lets you use MM? I'm an engineering student, and participating in the student membership program for the professional engineers ontario, but I don't know if that's enough. I'll have to give them a call tomorrow
    Ontario Professional Engineers is on their list, so you're good. That's all it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cknowles View Post
    I have a 5 minute ride to work but I can make it home in an hour on a good day

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    Interesting.. i was under the impression that i couldnt get it in 12 months installments..i was told 6 becuase i wanted to start the policy April 1st; insurance covering till March 1st 2013.
    I would rather opt for 12 months..

MM it is then..

I'm not sure why they put me on a tweleve month plan. It didn't matter to me, I never asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    I am part of proffesional organization. You can go on their web site and see if you fall under various discount groups. For example you may get a discount for either graduating or a student at one of the Colleges / Univeristies on their list. I'm not sure if all groups get the same rate so it's best to call and see which group will give the highest discount.
    Last edited by 250R-ICE; 03-10-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Just got a quote from MM, with the discount for being a Ryerson student.. I might go for it. They are for sure doing 12 payments now

Primmum (through TD as well) also does monthly payments. They call it "Pay as You Ride." I find it easier to pay for the year in one lump sum, so I haven't done the monthly instalment program.

Just keep in mind though that bikes are seasonally rated with Meloche Monnex...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheCanuck View Post
    Ontario Professional Engineers is on their list, so you're good. That's all it takes.
    He's a student, not a pro engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    He's a student, not a pro engineer.
    Yeeep. but I got the discount rate anyway, for being student

O.P what bike did you get that quote on?, I got quoated $980 for a GT250R with my car insurance and yorku discount and I am also 19 with first year riding

I'm in with MM, and they quoted me with the 7mos plan, I just asked if I could pay over 12 mos instead to keep it a bit less monthly and they said no problem.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by umesh840 View Post
    O.P what bike did you get that quote on?, I got quoated $980 for a GT250R with my car insurance and yorku discount and I am also 19 with first year riding
    Im on a 2009 Ninja 250r. Is that quote with Meloche Monnex? I want your rate! I dont have a car insured with them, maybe thats why.. but still, thats less than half of my rate..

Hello Ladies, Gents... Kind of off topic here but does anyone know what the consequences are for riding your bike before the effective insurance date? TD Meloche has mailed me my insurance slips and policy information however not effective until a couple of weeks. I'm assuming it would be just like riding without insurance but just want to know if anyone has done this before.... Such a nice day today to not be able to ride...lol

TD Meloche monnex on a pay as you ride plan. Paying insurance for 10 months out of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashar View Post
    Hello Ladies, Gents... Kind of off topic here but does anyone know what the consequences are for riding your bike before the effective insurance date? TD Meloche has mailed me my insurance slips and policy information however not effective until a couple of weeks. I'm assuming it would be just like riding without insurance but just want to know if anyone has done this before.... Such a nice day today to not be able to ride...lol

TD Meloche monnex on a pay as you ride plan. Paying insurance for 10 months out of the year.
    ........you're gonna get flamed for asking that, and I'm gonna tell the people who flame you to **** off...

Because I feel the same way and am in the same situation *stares outside* T___________T