Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
What should i be looking for before i buy a bike. I mean the must check things to determine the condition of the bike. Also should i buy post 2008 Kawasaki 250 Ninja? I went to motorcycle world by Mccown and sheppard, they recommended the older versions even though they had the new ones.

Also i asked 2 biker friends and they said you will get tired of a 250 within a month. Its very low power and can hard hold on the highway. I thought 250's could go upto 140Km/H.

I think i will take the M1 exit course.

Thanks for the Help guys, cant wait to hop on a bike and cruise the streets. Also are the police always stopping people on bikes? Is it true?
I rarely go under 130km/h and mostly around 145-149km/h. This is doable also with a passenger. It's the (CBR) 125cc's that run into trouble on the highway. With a 250, you can lose your license in no time =) and they do 160-170km/h +.

What to watch out for when buying used ?? There is a sticky on the New Riders page, explaining things from scratch. Check that out.

Police stopping bikes random ... Can't say much about that. I have been riding for 1season @ 14,000kms. Never been stopped, altho I have been tailed a few times.