Tire Warmers

Thread: Tire Warmers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tire Warmers

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    You know,,, I have to ask,, So what determines Moto GP Quality? Honestly this statement kind of confuses me [and that's not hard some days].
    If a warmer was to sell for $600 or $900 what would it have to do to be Moto GP Quality? And yes I know the answer! Because I have had F1 warmers for a time.
    But I'm curious as to what "you" guys would need that warmer to do to make that statement and to spend that money. Honest question from a guy trying to make a better product. And please bells and whistles are not in the equation,,, just honest tire/performance issues.
    Quesiton.

Are you familiar with the safety disconnect that Woodcraft uses? Would you ever consider using something like that or is there a reason why you don't?

Yes I've seen it and done it,, I wouldn"t do it again because it adds over 4 more connections and you need to run regular wire over or around heating wire. So it is designed to fail.
    Reistance wire does not like a lot of things and we have found less connections less failures.
    The "safety disconnect" is an addition to prevent you from leaving the warmers on. When I was racing we never had that option and warmers were $750 for standard set of C-H's so you made sure you unplugged them first. So it's an option but really falls into "bells and whistles'. It has absolutley no function to make the tire perform better or worse. I'm looking for reasons why a warmer is better then others in relation to tire performance. A Moto GP team is not going to us WC warmers because of the safety disconnect.
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

that makes perfect sense and is in line with the logic in building code on homes (continuous wires from the breaker as much as possible).