Tire Warmers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire Warmers

Tire Warmers

Whats your thoughts on woodcraft tire warmers. Im in the market for tire warmers

Re: Tire Warmers

edit - sorry - you asked about WC specifically.

I was going to tell you to support Bickle. Not helpful to your question
    Last edited by meme; 03-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

My thoughts on the matter are that while they're probably a good product, they're not that much cheaper than John Bickle's setup and you absolutely will get a higher level of support from John, a local canuck, who comes to the track and is able to help people out when they have issues and to whom any warranty work is easy to do, whereas the woody's would have to go back to the states.

Bottom dollar price isn't everything, there's something to be said for making sure that the after-sales support network is in place to take care of you for the long run. I'm a big believer in building relationships with people who sell me important/spendy items, and if you're going to use warmers, quality is important.

Disclaimer: I havn't bought my warmers yet, but I've settled on John's after looking at the options and speaking to John. Like i said, I'm sure the woodcrafts are good, but it's the whole value chain that matters.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    edit - sorry - you asked about WC specifically.

I was going to tell you to support Bickle. Not helpful to your question
    I too have zero experience with Woodcraft warmers. I generally like woodcraft kit (rearsets, sliders etc). However I'd reitterate what meme said. I'm pleased I bought Bickle warmers. Not because they the best thing since sliced bread. But I wish I could walk across the pits to talk to every supplier or manufacturer of the stuff i'm using at the track. With Bickle warmers I almost always can. and if not Johns on the end of a phone. And you always get good and free advice.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

lol - guys - it's like we are in some cult chanting BICKLE!

Should I be mixing up some Kool-Aid,,,,,
    bickleracing@sympatico.ca
    If you PM me it may take longer!

I'll join that chant, +1 for Bickle.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Should I be mixing up some Kool-Aid,,,,,
    Purple flavor.
    Current:
    2006 GSX-R 600
    SOAR #46. Please don't hurt the FNG lol

For what it's worth I've been using the Woodcraft dual temp warmers for two years and they have worked very well.

The safety disconnect plug is a very good idea. Makes it impossible to leave your warmers on by accident when you head out onto the track.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tyre Bakers were the original name and Woodcraft bought them up and re-branded them or bought their production. Same as they did with Klucky Pucks. So I do not believe Woodcraft actually makes them but has them branded for them.
    When they were branded Baker years ago they were a much higher quality and made in the USA. Pretty sure they are off-shore now.

For a good education in costs of Tire Warmers and a relation to quality go here.
    http://kls.de/en/products/tyrewarmer...-kls-comp.html
    This is a sport where saving a nickel can cost you $100,,easy. Spending more can sometimes save you lots down the road.

KLS is the "King of the Castle" in warmers,,that's the game I'd like to play in!

I love the woodcraft warmers....my choice for whats on the market. Not to take anything away from bickle warmers because they are my back up warmers. The set I have of bickles have never let me down. Only reason for the preference is that the woodcraft have some nicer features.

No experience with WC warmers but have seen them around the track and I'm sure they work just as well as any other.

However, I had Chicken Hawks 2 years ago, and they worked amazing until for no reason (I tend to take care of my things and no damage / missuse etc) the warmers burned up, melted the warmers plus my brand new Pirelli DOT on the front tire (this was a costly mailfunction as you could imagine with the cost to buy new warmers and a new front tire).

Since then used Bickel warmers, and as soon as you compare the build quality right away it's very clear John makes a superior product. If you chat with John he's more then happy to explain and give you the whole run down why many brands of warmers fail or become defective in a short period of time. Anyway, the Bickel warmers are very good and also allow for you to support local business as a bonus.

I have a set of standard Bickles used for 1/2 a season, $300, comes with Bin and all. PM me if your interested.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Have ran the Woodcrafts for 1 season so far, really like the rim curtain and the safety disconnect feature. I don't think you can go wrong with either option though, Woodcraft or Bickle
    For all your Paint, Repair and Plastic Welding - Cheekeebandito http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=182

I have used Bickle warmers for several years with 100% satisfaction. I did have been given a set of CAP-IT warmers from italy to use this year (sorry John...I am out of the cool aid line!). Bickle warmers are perfect for 90% of the riders who need warmers. The Cap-It warmers are Moto GP quality and a bit of overkill for a Cdn club racer like me. parillaguy

Quote Originally Posted by parillaguy View Post
    I have used Bickle warmers for several years with 100% satisfaction. I did have been given a set of CAP-IT warmers from italy to use this year (sorry John...I am out of the cool aid line!). Bickle warmers are perfect for 90% of the riders who need warmers. The Cap-It warmers are Moto GP quality and a bit of overkill for a Cdn club racer like me. parillaguy

There are 4 MODELS and below are their 2012 Retail Prices:
    SPORT - $420
    MAXIMA SPINA - $620,
    maxima leo - $650, used in wsbk
    maxima vision - $999, used in motogp

. The Cap-It warmers are Moto GP quality and a bit of overkill for a Cdn club racer like me. parillaguy
    I know what is in Moto GP paddocks and you would be shocked. Specially the Moto 2 pits!

Bickle warmers are perfect for 90% of the riders who need warmers.
    You need to add 10%....
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I have been using the Woodcraft warmers for the last 3 seasons. Great product. Nice safety feature with the plug at the Velcro joint.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

used bickle digitals the past 3 seasons...worked great for me. had an issue with the screen once and bick fixed it for me at the track...try getting that with your offbrand warmers