What brake pads ?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What brake pads ?????

What brake pads ?????

What brake pads to you guys recomend for track use only.

Re: What brake pads ?????

Quote Originally Posted by padu View Post
    What brake pads to you guys recomend for track use only.
    EBC HH pads

Rotor prep is every bit as important as the pad itself.

Remove the rotors, bead blast or scotch-brite the surface, bed-in according to pad manufacturer.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

very happy with Vesrah pads, and yes rotor prep is very important
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

^^^ +1 on the Vesrah pads. I currently have the EBC HH in my bike and rode a buddy"s bike for a session at the track last year equipped with the Vesrahs. I was very impressed. Definitely my next upgrade.

Any race compound pads if properly bedded will be awesome.

I've used EBC, Vesrah (RJL, SRJL17 and the SRJLXX) and Galfer. I'm using Ferodo now. There are slight differences between them but they all perform very well.

Thanks guys, Where s a good place to buy them? Also Im looking for a brembo master.

+1 on ferodo's, but they are all pretty good. Can always give tony @ bluestreakracing.ca a ring if you have any questions
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by padu View Post
    Thanks guys, Where s a good place to buy them? Also Im looking for a brembo master.
    Ferodo from Bluestreak Racing.

Also check out the Accossato master cylinders from Bluestreak. I have one on my ZX10R.

any comparison w/ brembos caboose? interested to know how you like it
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    any comparison w/ brembos caboose? interested to know how you like it
    I based my decision on feedback from a few people I know that are using them. I have not actually ridden with it yet tho. From what I've been told they are every bit as good as their Brembo counterparts.

I have the 19x18 set up right now.

I rode with mine for the first time last week. I have the adjustable version. It was too good a price to resist. I'll play around with the settings more once I get into the season but it seemed to give me a bit more feel (over stock), especially on the release. I can't compare it too much to Brembos as I've only ridden two bikes with a Brembo master but it seems to compare well. I suppose the other test is longevity and service parts. Accossato have struggled to support their North American sales although Galfer have now taken on the North American distributorship (at least of brake parts) so parts may be easier to buy. I've ran Accossato rearsets and a 1/4 turn gas cap for a long time and found them to be great quality.

The story I heard was that Accossato used to do castings for Brembo before striking out on their own. Accossato( I think) is a casting/forging company at heart so there may be some truth in this.

Oh, for the record, I run EBC HH.
    Last edited by Fiery254; 03-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

to the OP, if your going to the track/racing and stepping up the pads, consider braided lines and stepping up your brake fluid. Makes a huge difference. I decided to give the motul 660 that Tony sells a try this year. Won't know until after a good hot track day mid summer how it works, but have heard good things.

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    to the OP, if your going to the track/racing and stepping up the pads, consider braided lines and stepping up your brake fluid. Makes a huge difference. I decided to give the motul 660 that Tony sells a try this year. Won't know until after a good hot track day mid summer how it works, but have heard good things.
    Have already done so, My last to track bike had brembo maters on them, I just im just looking for the best price.

+1.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    EBC HH pads

EBC HH are crap. Dismal when cold, too abrupt when hot. Vesrah RJL pads or Ferodo XRAC for the win.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Im using Carbone Lorraine C59 there amazing check out this link video i used them all last season and they still stop as good as the first time i used them there 3/4 worn out
    Thanks Stu

Never used Carbone Lorraine but have heard good things. You will get a LOT of people who agree on the Vesrah RJLs, though. At the cost of brake pads, and the ease of changing them, might as well try a few brands and see what you like best.

And yeah, prepping the rotors matters.

FYI, changing the master is a big deal on the particular bike. Late-ish Yamahas and most Hondas won't benefit from a master change. Suzukis and some (but not all) Kawasakis will definitely benefit. Suzuki in particular... changing to a Brembo or other master cylinder with a higher ratio is definitely a big step up - though the 2012 model GSX-Rs (and some 2011s) have a Brembo master and calipers, I think they still stuck with the 20:1 ratio.
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    EBC HH are crap. Dismal when cold, too abrupt when hot. Vesrah RJL pads or Ferodo XRAC for the win.
    Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I mustn't be using HH then because my pads don't display any of the characteristics you describe.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by fiery254 View Post
    wow. Thanks for the heads up. I mustn't be using hh then because my pads don't display any of the characteristics you describe.
    lol
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.