Tough Mudder

Thread: Tough Mudder

Tough Mudder

http://toughmudder.com/

I did Spartan last year for fun.

Gonna do Spartan Race and Tough Mudder this year. Currently training for it now. I got two friends (one being female) that's done something crazy each month (Spartan, half-marathon then Tough Mudder). Is anyone else going this year?

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Re: Tough Mudder

Oh, it's that far back huh? Guess we got bunch of girls here!

I put together a team of my friends and I for tough mudder, pretty excited but a little nervous hahah

Quote Originally Posted by r6rollin View Post
    I put together a team of my friends and I for tough mudder, pretty excited but a little nervous hahah
    I know of 2 teams.

UofT's New Dragons (whom are probably going to rape us).
    RTGFU (Ready To Get ****ed Up)

I'm in RTGFU, most of us have done marathons and regularly lift weights...but we're no where near the level of new dragons =(

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    I know of 2 teams.

UofT's New Dragons (whom are probably going to rape us).
    RTGFU (Ready To Get ****ed Up)

I'm in RTGFU, most of us have done marathons and regularly lift weights...but we're no where near the level of new dragons =(
    who are these "new dragons" lol what kind of crazy **** are they doing that would make this a walk in the park for them? Ill be happy to finish lol

who are these "new dragons" lol what kind of crazy **** are they doing that would make this a walk in the park for them? Ill be happy to finish lol
    Like I said, they're the dragon boat team. Some of them have elite times on marathons. I've done a marathon before and already realize that Tough Mudder is gonna be 90% willpower and 10% fitness....but I am NO WHERE NEAR elite times (2 hours and 20-30 minutes is considered elite time...for a 42 kilometer race). The only thing I'm worried about is the shock therapy, which I'm gonna go ask a friend cop with a taser to taser me to prepare for it, and the greased monkey bars. I'm planning, when it gets warm, to grab some pan oil or something else and ruin some playground to practice <_<

I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for them, but they'll have more of a chance of finishing than my team and likely much faster.

This event seems a little harder to finish.

New to me for 2012.

This looks like fun but considering that my cardio is non-existant I would tap out after like 30 minutes
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

Mount St. Louis Moonstone Ski patrol has been asked to be primary response on this. They want us to transpo the patients to awaiting ambulances should anything happen. Apparently we're pretty good at getting people out of f'd up situations.

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Like I said, they're the dragon boat team. Some of them have elite times on marathons. I've done a marathon before and already realize that Tough Mudder is gonna be 90% willpower and 10% fitness....but I am NO WHERE NEAR elite times (2 hours and 20-30 minutes is considered elite time...for a 42 kilometer race). The only thing I'm worried about is the shock therapy, which I'm gonna go ask a friend cop with a taser to taser me to prepare for it, and the greased monkey bars. I'm planning, when it gets warm, to grab some pan oil or something else and ruin some playground to practice <_<

I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for them, but they'll have more of a chance of finishing than my team and likely much faster.
    I know i have the will power to finish that is for sure, not so confident in other people on my team but thats what team mates are for! I think the live wires are going to suck but not as bad as you think, the taser might be overkill lol as for the greased monkey bars let me know if you do that hahahaha i want to see how bad it possibly could be. what time are you starting at?

I know i have the will power to finish that is for sure, not so confident in other people on my team but thats what team mates are for! I think the live wires are going to suck but not as bad as you think, the taser might be overkill lol as for the greased monkey bars let me know if you do that hahahaha i want to see how bad it possibly could be. what time are you starting at?
    Dunno, I'll let you know when I find out lol

I dunno how much taser shock you for....but those wires at 10k volts. I thought my gf was joking until I decided to do some research; it really is 10k volts.

I know i have the will power to finish that is for sure
    Will power is great but if your body is not used to taking that kind of beating no amount of "will power" will help you
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

I think I should be fine, 2-3 a days for 2 weeks straight will test that lol

I think I should be fine, 2-3 a days for 2 weeks straight will test that lol
    Wear a Go-Pro during the race, I want to see you break down and cry .

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Wear a Go-Pro during the race, I want to see you break down and cry .
    I may be wearing a GoPro during the event, my father (professional photographer) will be there taking pictures.

Chances are though, that GoPro is going to be broken if I wear it considering dem greased monkey bars and 10+ feet walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Will power is great but if your body is not used to taking that kind of beating no amount of "will power" will help you
    Adrenaline and team synergy can do some amazing things. But in the end it really depends on what kind of person you are. If you are the type who never wants to let people down and you're going with a team, it's more likely you'd faint (will power > physical capacity) than giving up. VERY few people faint during the event, most people give up (will power).