22 31.43%
  • 07 - ZX6R

11 15.71%
  • 08 - R6

28 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing Track Bike - Vote if Bored

Choosing Track Bike - Vote if Bored

I understand all of these are good and I as the rider am the limiting factor.

If you have a favourite, click and vote.
    If you know why, click, vote, and post. =)

I have the Triumph*, I'd like an R6, but I'm finding better deals for ZXs and CBRs.

The Triumph is the only one I have ever ridden on track.
    Last edited by stnd; 03-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Re: Choosing Track Bike - Vote if Bored

Wow. No gixxer. That's like leaving Maccy Ds out of your favourite fast food joints beginning with 'Mc' poll.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Seriously, no love for the GSXR? They're plentiful enough, although they tend to crack frames easier than the others
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

I could have made this a thread for everyone, but since it was for me with specific year bikes no GSXR. Not a bike I'm considering for silly reasons like I don't want a Suzuki =). Had an SV for 8 years, now the Triumph, next I want another brand.

well if track riding is your thing you want a cbr or a r6 2 of the best and easiest bikes to ride fast on the race track. I just had this conversation with a very well known suspension tech the other week and the long and short of it was if you cant go fast on a cbr600 or a r6 you cant go fast.
    Thanks Stu

I had a zx6r 08 (same as 07) pretty god bike after the 10k rpm mark
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloX19 View Post
    Seriously, no love for the GSXR? They're plentiful enough, although they tend to crack frames easier than the others
    Looks like you have the 05-06 version, they're known for their frame problems. It's a shame the best bike Suzuki made was ruined by the frame.

If you're tall and big make sure you sit on all the bikes you're thinking of buying, cause CBRs feel like pocket bikes for some. The cbr feels small for me, R6 feels fine though

your crazy not to consider all bikes when looking for a track bike especially the gixxer for one main reason.....PARTS. you can find any part that you broke on sun the next day because people are always selling stuff used for them. The R6 is the next best for this but I would eliminate triumph strait off because of the lack of used parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    your crazy not to consider all bikes when looking for a track bike especially the gixxer for one main reason.....PARTS. you can find any part that you broke on sun the next day because people are always selling stuff used for them. The R6 is the next best for this but I would eliminate triumph strait off because of the lack of used parts.
    I just picked up an 07 gsxr for the street and the track.I asked my buddy who tracks his gsxr and he said the same thing

Gsxr 750

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    Looks like you have the 05-06 version, they're known for their frame problems. It's a shame the best bike Suzuki made was ruined by the frame.
    I have an 07. 06-07 were particularly bad due to frame weld penetration. Still a good bike all around.

I threw a vote in for the ZX6, although the R6 would suit me fine as well.
    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

I have an 07. 06-07 were particularly bad due to frame weld penetration. Still a good bike all around.

I thought that issue was just with the 1000's. I've been racing GSXR 600's for a couple years and never had a frame issue. All of the crashed 600's I've seen have bent the crap out of the forks but not bent or snapped the frame. 1000's on the other hand I've seen in a frontend loader to get then off the track due to being in two pieces.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

From your avatar it looked like you had an 05-06 GSXR1000. The 06-07 600/750 look similar to the 05-06 GSXR1000 but their frames didn't have that problem as the 1000, maybe you're crashing your bike awkwardly and too hard to crack frames so often...

Quote Originally Posted by Snipes20 View Post
    I remember a PA announcement at a track day once for a gsxr 600 rearset. About ten minutes later there was a second PA announcement asking people to stop bringing their spare rearsets to control as they already had 2 sets. Between my mates and me we have 5 gsxr 600s when we go to the track. I bought one deliberately, just for that reason.

Loving the ZX6RR at the track but haven't tried anything but the SV on the track.

Did a street demo ride on the CBR 600RR, GSXR750 and the Ducati 848. The Honda is definitely a smaller bike and felt very compact. Fit me just right. Liked the GSXR and did my first wheelie on it - totally unintentional. The Ducati was way too much bike for the street and had a very squished feeling for me but would rock the track.

I love my triumph speed triple for the street but would not track it for the obvious reasons.

It comes down to what you are comfortable with. Your best bet is to do a
    track school like fast using their bikes to try them out. You learn stuff and you get to test drive a bike.
    Twist the throttle, you pussy!!

When I was looking for a track bike I would take anything in my price range that wasn't a POS. Sit on a few and see what's comfortable, I was instantly comfortable on my 07 gsxr 600. The triumph is going to be alot harder to find parts for compared to the others.

get whatever you wont be scared to crash.

usually a heavy bias of function over form works best.

07-08 ZX-6R are lacking in the mid-range department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    07-08 ZX-6R are lacking in the mid-range department.
    Enough to lose you races? How does it affect your laptimes?

stupid thread