Quote Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Just a quick question I've been mulling over in my mind...

So my bike will be delivered on March 9th, and I have all gear, M1, and registered with RTI for April 7th/8th (Easter Weekend). What I am still debating is, should I play around with the bike a bit before taking the course, or just wait it out a few more weeks and completely learn on their bikes?

If I did play with mine, it would only be in subdivisions, and would largely be to figure things out at my own pace beforehand. It is a new bike (but will have frame sliders on it before I'd try anything), and although I have no motorcycle experience I've driven manual cars since I learned to drive almost 15 years ago (so 'being smooth', clutch engagement and feel, having to listen to the engine are not new things to me).
Hey , i'm a newbie rider as well and had not been on a bike before until i took the RTI course. It seems already that you are prepared to drop your bike as you mentioned you would install frame sliders first before trying anything. So if thats the case, go for it. RTI treats every rider the same, so you could be a seasoned rider for years or a newbie, they start you off with the bike being off the first day and you walking with it. What i learned is that you are always learning so whatever you think you know now, i guarantee you will learn more and gain more confidence after/during the course. btw manual cars and bikes are two different machines, though the concept is the same, the feel is different. Be safe.