New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

Re: New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cknowles View Post
    +1 for Royal Distributing. My wife and I got all our gear at the one in Guelph before we took the riders course last summer.
    I strongly recommend getting good boots with ankle and toe protection. One of the girl riders was wearing the sexy biker chick boots
    and managed to drag a toe while making a turn. Because of the lack of support she severely dislocated her big toe and had to
    drop out of the course until she was well enough to ride. The happy ending is that she was able to return to the course, passed and is now riding her 250 Ninja.

I would suggest you avoid these generic sexy boots with little to no protection:

and go for something like these IICON Sacred boots. They are very sturdy and offer excellent protection for the toes and ankles:
    (Besides they look really hot in person)

Enjoy the course and ride safe!

Chris - Old geezer and a Dad to boot
    awww...Thanks Chris...those boots are hot as hell...I was leaning towards the Palladium brand shoes..but I like the ones you suggested...Did ur wife purchase that at Royal Distributing? I will be shopping for my gears on March 15...hopefully i'll get everything i need..thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    buy a helmet new, but have a look on kijiji for the rest of your gear first. If your not sure you are going to like motorcycling, pick up some entry level gear and buy good gear later if you do like it. If your pretty sure/addicted already and going to be doing this for a while spend the money on decent gear. I'm not saying break the bank, but you get what you pay for.
    I think I'm already hooked...so most likely I won't be shopping online (i can't try them on) I prefer to go into the store where I can fit and pick and choose...Thanks and I agree with the not breaking the bank part..lol

Quote Originally Posted by taximan62 View Post
    Another option is to go to the stores and find what you like and try it on for sizes then search for the same items online for a better price. Since you know the sizes and what fits you can then just order it online knowing it will fit.
    That is sooooo true...maybe I will do that...but mind you i have to get everything before March 30 and time is going by so flipping fast...

Quote Originally Posted by chin.r View Post
    cbr 125, the best beginner bike!............exactly what i started out with, you will love the easy handling.

Need some lady riders to ride with?....i got plenty in my group.
    I think 125 & 250 are too small for me...more of a 600 type a chick...lol...I feel like I might as well start with the 600 and I can have it for a loooonnnggg time...I'm interested in riding in groups...as long as it's responsible and safe riders. I have a 5year old that I wanna live to see give me some grandchildren if you know what I mean....if you have BBM you can add me 273A007D or send me a PM with the necessary info...

Quote Originally Posted by bww77 View Post
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your course. Lots of gear out there, its just a matter of what you want.

Cheers
    Thanks..I know it is overwhelming...I see soooo much stuff I like...

"You tell...and I will smack you like a bad, bad donkey, okay?"- Pepe Prawn

Why not try here too?

http://www.motorsportspickering.com/

Friendly, easy going, and downright nice bunch .
    < Me

My Ride: 2011 CBR250R. Thank you, Santa, for the early Christmas gift. Being naughty has its benefits !
    My Hubby: RodneyBR

Previous/Current Stablemates:
    06 Yamaha TW200 - First bike memories.
    06 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (Hubby's bike...sold)
    04 VFR800 (Hubby's new ride)

Quote Originally Posted by NiQueen View Post
    I think 125 & 250 are too small for me...more of a 600 type a chick...lol...I feel like I might as well start with the 600 and I can have it for a loooonnnggg time...I'm interested in riding in groups...as long as it's responsible and safe riders. I have a 5year old that I wanna live to see give me some grandchildren if you know what I mean....if you have BBM you can add me 273A007D or send me a PM with the necessary info...
    Welcome!!

This is also where I wish I had bbm. Stupid iPhone!!!

J/k

Welcome again. Ride safe and see you out there!
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Welcome to the site , i am aBRAND NEW NOOB 2 , but i think im more of a noob because i just got my m1 (saturday) , full G license for 2 years but never had insurance , so i think my dream of a fz6r are not going to happen if i have to pay 6000$ a year for insurance ...once again welcomE!!

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    Welcome!!

This is also where I wish I had bbm. Stupid iPhone!!!

J/k

Welcome again. Ride safe and see you out there!

I agree...stupid IPhone...if u have WhatsApp you can send me a PM with ur number or if you have HookT my ID: DXEXVDY
    If you don't have hookt then download it, it's like BBM...not as good but close enuff...lol

talk to u soon

Quote Originally Posted by kanabis View Post
    Welcome to the site , i am aBRAND NEW NOOB 2 , but i think im more of a noob because i just got my m1 (saturday) , full G license for 2 years but never had insurance , so i think my dream of a fz6r are not going to happen if i have to pay 6000$ a year for insurance ...once again welcomE!!
    Hey to u...dang...that's alot of money....well I have speeding tickets up my ***...so my insurance is almost $4000/yr for my G35X.....
    I have to be very good for this year so next year I can have normal insurance cause now i'm high risk....lol

Welcome to you as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    Why not try here too?

http://www.motorsportspickering.com/

Friendly, easy going, and downright nice bunch .
    k cool. Thanks much

I agree...stupid IPhone...if u have WhatsApp you can send me a PM with ur number or if you have HookT my ID: DXEXVDY
    If you don't have hookt then download it, it's like BBM...not as good but close enuff...lol

talk to u soon
    check your PM
    FPR - Fat. Power. Ranger

"It takes me more to share the back seat on my bike then the spot next to me in bed"

Quote Originally Posted by 09SV650S View Post
    check your PM

okay will do

awww...Thanks Chris...those boots are hot as hell...I was leaning towards the Palladium brand shoes..but I like the ones you suggested...Did ur wife purchase that at Royal Distributing? I will be shopping for my gears on March 15...hopefully i'll get everything i need..thanks again
    She did not, ended up buying work boots because she thought her sexy biker boots would be good, then was told no. She fell in love with these at the Toronto bike show in December. I'm getting her a pair for her birthday.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cknowles View Post
    She did not, ended up buying work boots because she thought her sexy biker boots would be good, then was told no. She fell in love with these at the Toronto bike show in December. I'm getting her a pair for her birthday.

Chris
    awwww that's sweet...when is the next bike show?

Welcome! Curious to know what a '600 type a chick' is? You have speeding tickets out your *** so I assume it means you like to go fast? I guess you'll need a bike that easily goes 100 mph in 3rd gear then.

Surprised nobody else has questioned the "125 & 250 are too small for me" logic.

'08 NINJA 250r
    | Since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjitsu View Post
    Welcome! Curious to know what a '600 type a chick' is? You have speeding tickets out your *** so I assume it means you like to go fast? I guess you'll need a bike that easily goes 100 mph in 3rd gear then.

Surprised nobody else has questioned the "125 & 250 are too small for me" logic.
    I'M SURPRISED TOO...anyways...what i'm saying is...I know i'm a beginner and all and should start off with a 250 and then once i become a pro i go for the other types....but personally I don't see the point in buying the 250 and come next year i'm gonna want something with more power (capacity).....so I would prefer to buy a 600cc and keep it for a very long time.....

Congratulations on what I hope is the beginning of a long and rewarding motorcycling experience for you.

For what its worth, I would suggest you take the training course before getting your heart set on anything. Bikes are not as forgiving as cars and mistakes usually end badly. Only after riding will you know if you are confident with the controls. There is a reason the don't use 600 or litre bikes for the courses.

With that said I took a course (long ago) and loved it. I then ran out a bought a 750 without any problems.

I'm confident one day you will be the coolest motorcycling grandmother around.

It depends on the bike 600cc for some bikes is fine, its all about how they handle, what sort of power they actually make. A friend of mine has a Honda Shadow Aero 750 for his first bike, got it last year and wants something with more power now. Was perfect for him Power wise, the issue with more powerfull bikes like this is #1 they are allot heavier, harder to stop when they start to go over, etc. He still has an issue with how heavy it is.

I do suspect your probably going after a cruiser and not a sportbike. If you can handle a heavy bike I think a larger CC bike is fine, if I am reading between the lines correctly I think you may look a little out of place on a Ninja 125, or 250.

I know the Honda Shadow Aero was 900/year for insurance for a M2 rider after the course so its still quite reasonable. However the Harley Sportster Iron 883 was more than double that...at least when I checked. This does play a factor, at least it did for me. Thats why I have a Ninja 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadadli View Post
    Congratulations on what I hope is the beginning of a long and rewarding motorcycling experience for you.

For what its worth, I would suggest you take the training course before getting your heart set on anything. Bikes are not as forgiving as cars and mistakes usually end badly. Only after riding will you know if you are confident with the controls. There is a reason the don't use 600 or litre bikes for the courses.

With that said I took a course (long ago) and loved it. I then ran out a bought a 750 without any problems.

I'm confident one day you will be the coolest motorcycling grandmother around.
    awwww...that's sweet...i hope so...i am waiting till after the course to buy the motorcycle...like u said bikes are not as forgiving as cars...i'm so aware of that and that's why I have to take my time and shop around for the best and what is safe for me...
    thanks