New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to the Motorcycle world!!! I need a bunch of help. First off I just got my M1 permit in February and will begin M2 classes at the end of March. I need help as to where to buy gears(Helmet, Jacket & Gloves) for the class because I haven't bought the Motorcycle yet. I also need help to find a nice and girly bike...lol....please help me out....Thanks

Welcome!

In your part of town u can check out gp bikes ... There are many many sites u can checkout as well for used bikes etc...

Kijiji.com is one of them. There is also a classified section on this website ..

Anyways welcome once again and congrats on your new adventure.
    Tearin it up at the gym -ENDORPHINES KICKIN..
    Cruzin on the GsxR - ADRENALINE PUMPIN......
    Stayin positive - THE ONLY WAY TO BE...
    Everything else is your destiny - ACCEPT IT ....

It's not how we write our stories - IT'S HOW OUR STORIES END....
    <Square One Central Rider>

Re: New New New...New to EVERYTHING...LOL

Mandatory Leg Hump

Welcome!

Have fun on teh motor cycle!
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

How you doin'?
    New to me for 2012.

Checkout RoyalDistributing in Whitby, its down the road from GP Bikes.. shop between the two and you'll usually win. I got all my gear from Royal Distributing, got Helmet, Leather Jacket, Boots, Gloves and Pants for under 500. The clearance racks were my friend, thankfully they had the sizes I was looking for.

Welcome Welcome Welcome... Welcome to GTAM!! I can offer you girly insurance for your girly bike!! (j/k, standard rates apply)
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"

Welcome!!

I was looking at gp bikes website but didn't see anything I liked, but the have some good deals on gears...Thanks, I will definitely look on the classified section here...don't like to shop online, so most likely I wouldn't go for craigslist or kijiji

very very slick..
    i'm doing good....
    right back at u///how u doinggggg? (Wendy Williams voice) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks Hara View Post
    Welcome Welcome Welcome... Welcome to GTAM!! I can offer you girly insurance for your girly bike!! (j/k, standard rates apply)
    nice...thanks but i already have

Quote Originally Posted by bikermahn View Post
    Checkout RoyalDistributing in Whitby, its down the road from GP Bikes.. shop between the two and you'll usually win. I got all my gear from Royal Distributing, got Helmet, Leather Jacket, Boots, Gloves and Pants for under 500. The clearance racks were my friend, thankfully they had the sizes I was looking for.
    Oh Thank you...I will most definitely go there...

Welcome.

The GP Bikes website is not nearly as complete as the store. If you plan to go to Royal then pop into GP as well. The staff at both stores is very helpful. I find the staff at Royal to be willing to assist but the staff at GP are extremely knowledgeable and willing to assist. They are a fantastic resource for us in the east so I strongly recommend you make them a part of your learning experience and your bike career.

GP also sells used bikes so they can point you in the right direction for that bike purchase too.

Quote Originally Posted by NiQueen View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new to the Motorcycle world!!! I need a bunch of help. First off I just got my M1 permit in February and will begin M2 classes at the end of March. I need help as to where to buy gears(Helmet, Jacket & Gloves) for the class because I haven't bought the Motorcycle yet. I also need help to find a nice and girly bike...lol....please help me out....Thanks

Can we gets some pics and PM me your numba baby doll.

We can hook up later nom sayin

+1 for Royal Distributing. My wife and I got all our gear at the one in Guelph before we took the riders course last summer.
    I strongly recommend getting good boots with ankle and toe protection. One of the girl riders was wearing the sexy biker chick boots
    and managed to drag a toe while making a turn. Because of the lack of support she severely dislocated her big toe and had to
    drop out of the course until she was well enough to ride. The happy ending is that she was able to return to the course, passed and is now riding her 250 Ninja.

I would suggest you avoid these generic sexy boots with little to no protection:

and go for something like these IICON Sacred boots. They are very sturdy and offer excellent protection for the toes and ankles:
    (Besides they look really hot in person)

Enjoy the course and ride safe!

Chris - Old geezer and a Dad to boot
    Last edited by cknowles; 03-02-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: speeeling

buy a helmet new, but have a look on kijiji for the rest of your gear first. If your not sure you are going to like motorcycling, pick up some entry level gear and buy good gear later if you do like it. If your pretty sure/addicted already and going to be doing this for a while spend the money on decent gear. I'm not saying break the bank, but you get what you pay for.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Another option is to go to the stores and find what you like and try it on for sizes then search for the same items online for a better price. Since you know the sizes and what fits you can then just order it online knowing it will fit.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your course. Lots of gear out there, its just a matter of what you want.

Cheers

cbr 125, the best beginner bike!............exactly what i started out with, you will love the easy handling.

Need some lady riders to ride with?....i got plenty in my group.
    Know Yourself and Follow Your Dream, Nothing Is Impossible. You Have a Dream, You Go Get It .

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    Can we gets some pics and PM me your numba baby doll.

We can hook up later nom sayin
    lol...lmao...no i don't know what u r saying...anyways...please tell me u r a guy and ur real age is not 24...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Welcome.

The GP Bikes website is not nearly as complete as the store. If you plan to go to Royal then pop into GP as well. The staff at both stores is very helpful. I find the staff at Royal to be willing to assist but the staff at GP are extremely knowledgeable and willing to assist. They are a fantastic resource for us in the east so I strongly recommend you make them a part of your learning experience and your bike career.

GP also sells used bikes so they can point you in the right direction for that bike purchase too.
    Thanks alot....i will most definitely go into these two stores...really appreciate the info..