LED sequential Tale light mod: Legal in ON?

Thread: LED sequential Tale light mod: Legal in ON?

LED sequential Tale light mod: Legal in ON?

Anyone know if this is a "legal" modification in place of the stock tail/signal lights as far as MTO is concerned? In other words, would I get nailed when I went to safety the bike if I had this installed?

1994-2003 Ducati 748 916 996 2002-2004 998 LED Tail Light Integrated Smoke Motodynamic.com

Looks amazing and would love to swap out my old euro-style plate holder/rear signals for this.

Technically no it's not legal, but I doubt you will have any issues about it.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: LED sequential Tale light mod: Legal in ON?

I think legally your turn signals are supposed to be 12" or 14" apart (Not 100% on the numbers), Chances of getting a ticket are very slim though.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    I think legally your turn signals are supposed to be 12" or 14" apart (Not 100% on the numbers), Chances of getting a ticket are very slim though.
    I remember reading somewhere
    minimum of 8", I'll have to look it up now .
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    I remember reading somewhere
    minimum of 8", I'll have to look it up now .
    At or near the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 230 mm (9 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 100 mm (4 inches), when a single stop and tail lamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s....htm#Table III
    Last edited by jeffjones; 03-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

From what I can see a min of 150mm from the center stop lamp on either side.
    Barrie and area riders.

Amsoil Oil? PM me

That's actually not a bad little thing....looks pretty bright plus has a reflector.

Dont think the cops would hassel you. Kawi's have LED brake lights....the blinkers might not be the most visible or things....

I had something similar on my RR and never had an issue once ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

The only issue might be if your going to get your bike certified and then again you can always go to crappytire and get it done there with no problems... They didnt even know how to put my bike in gear let alone start it yet they passed me because it had lights that worked and tire tread... Even though they were cracked on the sidewall lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    At or near the rear - 1 red or amber on each side of the vertical centerline, at the same height and having a minimum horizontal separation distance (centerline to centerline of lamps) of 230 mm (9 inches). Minimum edge to edge separation distance between lamp and tail or stop lamp is 100 mm (4 inches), when a single stop and tail lamp is installed on the vertical centerline and the turn signal lamps are red.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-mvstm_tsd-tsd-1080rev5_e-1231.htm#Table III

The way I read that is that the minimum seperation is for red turn signals. It doesn't specify seperation for amber when it's a single unit.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    The way I read that is that the minimum seperation is for red turn signals. It doesn't specify seperation for amber when it's a single unit.
    2001 CBR F4i

Two separate sentences. The horizontal separation distance applies regardless of signal colour. The separation from the brake lamp applies if the turn signals are red.

For the device listed in the original post, it does not conform to the horizontal separation distance requirement.