Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
I take my CAA card and Visa.

Each trip I made was different, the last one being across the trans labrador highway to Newfoundland, and I needed only my regular bike toolkit with a tire top up air compressor, but I could have stopped at a station for air as well. I estimate I had 20 lbs of tools and spares but used only a pound to tighten my chain and repair a broken mirror and my exhaust end cap. I'll pack less for the next trip.

90% of your trip is in cell coverage unless you are a rogers customer in Bell Aliant territory.

Do take your bike toolkit, and during regular maintenance add what you use to the kit. Definitely a tire pressure gauge.

If you really want to research and build a comprehensive kit, check out the ADVRiders.com toolkit thread, but it'll get awfully heavy very quickly unless you exercise restraint.

What type of bike are you doing the tour on?

South of Hopewell rocks is Cape Enrage. See the bay and the lighthouse, as well there is a covered bridge near Germantown.

Make sure to look at the tide schedules or Hopewell rocks will be a long wait.

Your day one and day two routes bore me. Superslab the whole way, so make sure your mp3 player will last ten hours plus, and start as soon as the sun is up so you'll end your day before full dark.

Do you have a throttle lock/cruise control/cramp buster? Get one for those long boring highway stretches. I mentioned it twice as I think it very important.
ya im a rogers customer. so i wont have coverage around the cabot trail. if i superslab it from hamilton to fredricton...itll take roughly 15-16 hours. bike im taking is a 2002 Suzuki Katana. I do plan on getting a throttle lock. ill definately check out ADVrider for that.