Motorcycle towing. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle towing.

Re: Motorcycle towing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    remember with uhaul is 20 plus insurance and a charge per km, it will be about 60 bucks once all is said and done, plus you have to buy the straps, another 20.

good luck
    Not if you get the motorcycle trailer for $19.99 with unlimited km's.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Check out Dynotunes, go to the drop down menu for Hog Haulers. They have all sorts of trailers of different sizes. They charge daily and weekly.
    "Anyone can open the throttle and go fast, but it takes real skill to bank a motorcycle around a corner so that you feel like if you get any lower, you might **** your pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Giti View Post
    I hate cars that provoke bikers to speed or race. The outcome is always the same. We win.
    1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600
    1995 Honda XR650L
    1993 Suzuki RMX250R
    1994 Suzuki Katana GSX 600 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Didn't know they had that, I stand corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

In Canada, their "motorcycle trailer" is just an aluminum landscape trailer that can't even go on the highway.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    In Canada, their "motorcycle trailer" is just an aluminum landscape trailer that can't even go on the highway.
    The UHaul enclosed 5 by 8 is allowed for 55 mph - bah! I've towed two bikes at excess that (not by much though) for several years - no problem at all. $22 all in for 24 hours - unlimited milage. The empty weight of 950ish pounds makes it heavy though.

EDIT - trailers have no odometers - no per/km charges
    Last edited by funrider; 03-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Track is my Crack - but I'm not fast - yet.
    '08 Ninja ZX-6R

Originally Posted by Bandit Bill
    Oh Sweet Jesus ... my eyes, someone stab me in the eyes to take that image away!!!!

Except it has a wheel chock in it along with multiple tiedown rings.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Try MikeyMoto I hear he's pretty reasonable 416 587 4170

Except it has a wheel chock in it along with multiple tiedown rings.
    Have you actually rented a trailer from them in this country with a wheel chock in it? Last I heard they only had them south of the border.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Have you actually rented a trailer from them in this country with a wheel chock in it? Last I heard they only had them south of the border.
    I did last August from U-Haul in Oakville. Cost me less than $30 for the day including the optional insurance (why not for a few bucks, not worth the risk if you damage the trailer somehow). I drove it to Downtown TO to pick up my Triumph Bonneville from a private seller, up to Rosey Toes to get it checked out and safetied, and back to Burlington. This was with a Ford Focus BTW No problems however the car did struggle a bit at highway speed so I wouldn't make a habit of it without a larger vehicle. The Focus and my hitch are rated at 2000lbs

The Burlington U-Haul said they have one trailer with wheel chock but it was booked out that week, so reserve ahead. That said I've now upgraded my CAA to Plus and will call them if the need arises.
    Last edited by plutoz; 03-12-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plutoz View Post
    I did last August from U-Haul in Oakville. Cost me less than $30 for the day including the optional insurance (why not for a few bucks, not worth the risk if you damage the trailer somehow). I drove it to Downtown TO to pick up my Triumph Bonneville from a private seller, up to Rosey Toes to get it checked out and safetied, and back to Burlington. This was with a Ford Focus BTW No problems however the car did struggle a bit at highway speed so I wouldn't make a habit of it without a larger vehicle. The Focus and my hitch are rated at 2000lbs

The Burlington U-Haul said they have one trailer with wheel chock but it was booked out that week, so reserve ahead. That said I've now upgraded my CAA to Plus and will call them if the need arises.
    Was it still restricted to 55mph like the rest of their trailers?

Was it still restricted to 55mph like the rest of their trailers?
    All U haul trailers are restricted to 55 mph .. for safety purposes. ( so the wheels dont fall off, or the bearings dont disengrate) lol ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    All U haul trailers are restricted to 55 mph .. for safety purposes. ( so the wheels dont fall off, or the bearings dont disengrate) lol ..
    Not even taking U-Haul's safety record into account, I've seen enough exploded trailer tires to know you don't second guess the speed rating on them! It shouldn't even be legal to sell trailer tires that are not rated for the highway, for anything other than agricultural use.

I picked up a uhaul trailer 2 weeks ago because I was moving. I went there with a friends truck to pick up the trailer. The guy came out and looked at my trailer wire light hook up and it was all rotted. So he cut it off and put a new one on for free. When it was all said and done it came to like 27 bucks. The trailer was in good condition and I definetly would recommend them if you need a trailer.