Walking Dead - Page 6

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Re: Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    When zombie apocalypse hits Markham I'm raiding LeBaron and scooting over to Costco to lock myself in.
    Dude, Costco's already filled with zombies, and the apocalypse hasn't even come yet.

Marlin Camp Carbine in .45 cal, not the 9mm version. Relatively light and short, for close up work when needed. Good stopping power. Use hollow points. They were used by some police forces, down south, instead of shotguns in their cars. I tried to get one up here, but the stock barrel is 0.5" too short (restricted weapon).

Oh, and a wooden stock so it'll work as a club, when you don't want to "wake the dead"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MCC45.jpg  
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 03-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    The entire Kel tec is 26 inches, not the barrel.

I get what you are saying if it's for a finishing shot but thats pretty limited. You have to hump it, plus ammo just for the 1 in 1000 times you might fire it.

That SO you posted is good to maybe 10 meters against a human sized target.
    I guess to each their own. I would say for a shotty, its pretty compact. The size of a hand-held musket. Pretty reliable because of its simplistic design. Less parts, less probability of malfunctioning. The only problem is the reload speed.

Most zombie contact would only be close range combat, so I don't see a problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Who's gonna carry all that ammo? .22LR to the head does the job and is nice and quiet so you don't attract any z's or humans. For backup I'd get a reliable service sidearm like the Zastava EZ9 (100,000rds and all the parts are still within factory specs, machine gun barrel alloy ftw). My shotty of choice would be the Saiga-12, mag-fed semi-auto. However, as a regular workhorse, a semi-auto .22LR can't be beat - ammo's dirt cheap, feather-light and easy to find everywhere. Of course, that's assuming your marksmanship is up to snuff
    I guess like cars, everyone has a different choice, there's no wrong or right.

I've never killed a real zombie so I wouldn't know what is the minimum muzzle energy to surpress one. But I'll feel more comfortable with something greater than a .22. I bet u can find loads of 9mm ammo.

Maybe it would be better if we just carry a Katana sword so we don't have to worry about ammo...
    Just go about lobbing heads
    Resident Loudmouth

I think you need a mix of weapons to deal with zombies. Guns and blades. For blades - a super sharp Katana & Tanto. Possibly also a Yari (spear) as well.

Guns - You'd need a good sidearm and I'd learn more towards something that holds more ammo than calibre size. Maybe the answer is to get some explosive rounds or something.

If you need a big impact weapon then maybe an AA12 automatic shotgun with a drum case... I saw FPSRussia demo those and they would probably take care of all of your zombie killing needs.

Have nice day.

All depends on their speed and intelligence.

28days later?

I am legend?

Also, what is a .22 going to do when you encounter people like me wearing plate and picking you off at 600-1000M?

....besides die and give up your stuff with really no effort on my or my crews part.

Probably best to stay solo since we will be looking for the slow to respond masses of dummies that think they will head over to Canadian tire after the fact and have free reign to loot at their leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Most zombie contact would only be close range combat, so I don't see a problem with that

I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking you'd want to engage zombies from as far away as possible. If you're in close range combat, you're probably already dead. All that blood and fluids flying around as you shoot them with a shotgun? Pretty much instant infection.

Some really good body armour / hazmat suit would be a good start, but any close quarter stuff with zombies should be defensive and escape-oriented. That's been my experience, having watched an awful lot of zombie movies.

The entire Kel tec is 26 inches, not the barrel.

I get what you are saying if it's for a finishing shot but thats pretty limited. You have to hump it, plus ammo just for the 1 in 1000 times you might fire it.

That SO you posted is good to maybe 10 meters against a human sized target.
    Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Who's gonna carry all that ammo? .22LR to the head does the job and is nice and quiet so you don't attract any z's or humans. For backup I'd get a reliable service sidearm like the Zastava EZ9 (100,000rds and all the parts are still within factory specs, machine gun barrel alloy ftw). My shotty of choice would be the Saiga-12, mag-fed semi-auto. However, as a regular workhorse, a semi-auto .22LR can't be beat - ammo's dirt cheap, feather-light and easy to find everywhere. Of course, that's assuming your marksmanship is up to snuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking you'd want to engage zombies from as far away as possible. If you're in close range combat, you're probably already dead. All that blood and fluids flying around as you shoot them with a shotgun? Pretty much instant infection.

Some really good body armour / hazmat suit would be a good start, but any close quarter stuff with zombies should be defensive and escape-oriented. That's been my experience, having watched an awful lot of zombie movies.
    Most zombie movies are inconsistent.
    I agree that if its a virus, you're most likely to get infected from other fluids they emit. But judging from the show we're discussing. We see alot of the characters touching the zombies and haven't been infected.

Re: range
    It'll be good to engage them at long range. But I was thinking, if he did not pose an immediate threat, why waste ammo? You certainly can't kill em all. Plus what's gonna happen when you're in a building? And you're carrying a rifle?
    Resident Loudmouth

For lots of ammo, I'd prefer this.

"I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Plus what's gonna happen when you're in a building? And you're carrying a rifle?
    Carrying a rifle into a building?

I guess I'm going to die then since I brought the wrong weapon...

That’s why there are multiple weapons in my inventory.

I'm going to switch to the KELTEC or the H&K depending on how we config. our fire team and follow entry team procedure.

In all honesty avoidance is the best bet. Choke points like major urban centers, malls, megalomarts etc. are a major risk.

The people that will truly survive something like that will have a cottage up North that can sustain through winter with supplies, a well, and hunting grounds. They will know how to hunt and dress game, know how to farm and know how to survive. They will already know it and have it.

Gamers and facebookers looking for their survival App will feed the Z's while the experienced amongst you pick up what little they need and head on.

I'll be waiting just North of Gravenhurst on the high feature for those ones that make it to my kill zone after me

Bring lots of Chunky Soup if you do get out of the city.

I like Chunky Soup.

I'll be waiting just North of Gravenhurst on the high feature for those ones that make it to my kill zone after me

Bring lots of Chunky Soup if you do get out of the city.

I like Chunky Soup.

I think rmemedic will outgun you!!!
    Resident Loudmouth

Most zombie movies are inconsistent.
    I agree that if its a virus, you're most likely to get infected from other fluids they emit. But judging from the show we're discussing. We see alot of the characters touching the zombies and haven't been infected.

Re: range
    It'll be good to engage them at long range. But I was thinking, if he did not pose an immediate threat, why waste ammo? You certainly can't kill em all. Plus what's gonna happen when you're in a building? And you're carrying a rifle?
    I'm going with the theory that everyone is infected and it only kicks in after you die.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I am going with Rob being the first target because of his bumblebee looking bike gear.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I am going with Rob being the first target because of his bumblebee looking bike gear.
    That's where the black rain jacket comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I'm going with the theory that everyone is infected and it only kicks in after you die.
    Good one. Lets see if they have to burn their dead
    Resident Loudmouth

Good one. Lets see if they have to burn their dead
    Or just shoot 'em in the head.

I got the idea after Rick had his secret conversation with the CDC guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I got the idea after Rick had his secret conversation with the CDC guy.
    Anyone notice that the CDC scientist was Snake from Degrassi?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Sheesh who's the scientist? Haven't seen him yet
    Resident Loudmouth

Never watched it. Not the original, nor the remake.

just watched the first and second seasons.. pretty entertaining show. the second season seems to deal with much more character development and much less zombie ***-kicking. the last episode, for example.. spending the whole thing debating over whether they should kill that guy or not. SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE was what I kept saying to myself

You sure about that? Wikipedia (for what it's worth) says otherwise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...ead_(season_1)

Noah Emmerich:
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.