Anyone rented from GTA Exotics? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone rented from GTA Exotics?

Re: Anyone rented from GTA Exotics?

Quote Originally Posted by danarchy View Post
    For anyone else that's interested I also found this:

http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/nam...to_rental.html

The smallest bike they have though is a Suzuki 500 GS which is probably too much for me at this point but other people might find it of interest.

There's also this CBR 125 being rented by the owner: http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ291845807
    You will be fine, the GS500F is my first bike. I've had it for a good year now and love it.

It's impossible to do a wheelie, the rear break isn't hypersensitive (you won't lock it and murder yourself, just get into the mind set that front is for stopping, and rear is just for fun), and the top speed is around 180-200km/h (never hit 200, got VERY close but then bike started shaking so I got scared).

I've also got piss poor hand-eye coordination skills that are way below human average standards (fractured my skull from riding a bicycle, fractured my shin from soccer, dislocated shoulder from shoulder pressing).

You will be perfectly fine seeing as how I managed to tame this bike lol =)

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    It's impossible to do a wheelie,
    Really? Really??? Tell it to the folks on GS forum please. That bike will wheelie even with stock sprocket set, of course in a closed controlled environment only.

It's impossible to do a wheelie
    http://youtu.be/0wnypuAsVWU

If a Ninja 250 can wheelie so can a GS500F. But i think what he means is, under hard acceleration without dumping the clutch. e.g... No power wheelies.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Really? Really??? Tell it to the folks on GS forum please. That bike will wheelie even with stock sprocket set, of course in a closed controlled environment only.
    Agreed ... that bike used to be called the "Bandit" if I remember correctly or stemmed from the bandit ... aka "the hooligan bike". She'll wheelie ...
    Bikes: Past 02' Kat / 01' CBR 929 RR / 06' R6 50th A.E.
    Bikes: Present: 05' R1 - The Black One

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    ...should have rewrote: it's not possible to wheelie without popping the clutch and trying very hard <_<

...should have rewrote: it's not possible to wheelie without popping the clutch and trying very hard <_<
    Fair enough ... by the sounds of the bikes/cars at gta exotics you'd be hard pressed to get outta the parkin' lot nevermind get the front wheel up...
    Bikes: Past 02' Kat / 01' CBR 929 RR / 06' R6 50th A.E.
    Bikes: Present: 05' R1 - The Black One

back on topic, don't rent from gta exotics. I've read quite a few negative reviews about them, but that was regarding car rentals.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

I'm actually surprised to hear that they're this bad. I wonder how many takers they get for their "Full Throttle Motorcycle Package" ... I'd be mightily ****** if all their bikes are that poorly maintained.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

You will be fine, the GS500F is my first bike. I've had it for a good year now and love it.

It's impossible to do a wheelie, the rear break isn't hypersensitive (you won't lock it and murder yourself, just get into the mind set that front is for stopping, and rear is just for fun), and the top speed is around 180-200km/h (never hit 200, got VERY close but then bike started shaking so I got scared).

I've also got piss poor hand-eye coordination skills that are way below human average standards (fractured my skull from riding a bicycle, fractured my shin from soccer, dislocated shoulder from shoulder pressing).

You will be perfectly fine seeing as how I managed to tame this bike lol =)
    Well, we'll see how things go in May when I do the M2 course. The only thing I've tried so far is the CBR 125 at the 3 hour intro course from Learning Curves. I was hoping to try a 250 next.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    back on topic, don't rent from gta exotics. I've read quite a few negative reviews about them, but that was regarding car rentals.
    I can't imagine the bikes would be any different.

I can't imagine the bikes would be any different.
    You never know, some places have the best burgers in town but their fries suck. lol. But judging from what i've heard here and some research (wanted to test a SS from them before), they suck at both.

For anyone else that's interested I also found this:

http://www.rental-motorcycle.com/nam...to_rental.html
    That's just GTA Exotics advertised by another company. If you book through them, they get a cut from GTA Exotics for the promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    That's just GTA Exotics advertised by another company. If you book through them, they get a cut from GTA Exotics for the promotion.
    Ah, crap...

Quote Originally Posted by 172Driver View Post
    How the hell do they stay in business????
    i'm pretty sure ppl rent to film them as props so it purely for looks, be funny as hell if they'r fixed w/ a civic engine haha

The owner's wife is smoking hot...I rented a gsxr a few years ago and it didn't have the correct ownership/insurance, the clutch lever was cut, and they removed the muffler. Used the bike to take my M test and the instructors were not impressed. They let me take the test and do the course though.

I think they're still in business 'cause they have a monopoly on exotic car/bike rentals in toronto. Is there any other option for renting a bike in the GTA?

I was really looking forward to get their 'get to drive 5 supercars in one day' thing for my dad this summer. I wish I never read the feedbacks above.... =)
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

Quote Originally Posted by menacingone View Post
    The owner's wife is smoking hot...I rented a gsxr a few years ago and it didn't have the correct ownership/insurance, the clutch lever was cut, and they removed the muffler. Used the bike to take my M test and the instructors were not impressed. They let me take the test and do the course though.

I think they're still in business 'cause they have a monopoly on exotic car/bike rentals in toronto. Is there any other option for renting a bike in the GTA?
    I've been looking but haven't found anything. If you come across an alternative please do post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    I was really looking forward to get their 'get to drive 5 supercars in one day' thing for my dad this summer. I wish I never read the feedbacks above.... =)

I did the 6 Supercar Day as a gift from my wife for my birthday... It was ALOT of fun! Just go in there with the right expectations... You are not going to be able to do burnouts and drive really aggresively, but they let you have fun. And I met Peter Klutt from DreamCarGarage after getting out of the Lambo, before getting in the GTR at his Car Museum in Burlington... Cant remember the name ATM. The Gallardo is 100% real. So were the rest, the Viper did feel clapped out tho. Sounded nice and still had a v10.
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumBlue919Guy View Post
    I did the 6 Supercar Day as a gift from my wife for my birthday... It was ALOT of fun! Just go in there with the right expectations... You are not going to be able to do burnouts and drive really aggresively, but they let you have fun. And I met Peter Klutt from DreamCarGarage after getting out of the Lambo, before getting in the GTR at his Car Museum in Burlington... Cant remember the name ATM. The Gallardo is 100% real. So were the rest, the Viper did feel clapped out tho. Sounded nice and still had a v10.
    Thanks a lot ! Brings my hopes right back up.

I will go with it this summer than =)
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)