One of the most insane accidents I have ever seen. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of the most insane accidents I have ever seen.

Re: One of the most insane accidents I have ever seen.

This is why we have a divider. If 401 didn't have them i'm sure there'd be dozens of these sorts of accidents. I've seen a car do this before, but it ended up with the driver slamming into the divider and skidding to a stop.

Bike or Car if a truck and trailer hits you at full speed your dead.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    My girlfriends mother doesn't want my girlfriend to buy herself a small car because her mother thinks they're not as safe as trucks and SUV's. I'll have to email her this video.
    A block from where I live a full size SUV was going through on a green and a Civic sized compact went through on the red (Texting??) and clipped the rear of the SUV kicking it sideways enough to cause it to roll under its own momentum. SUV was a write-off the little car only needed a new front end. I guess te ricer knew karate. Fortunately no serious injuries because everyone had their belts on.

A big ouch!!! doesn't matter you drive, a suv or whatever, once you skid, its done.
    lets ride first, there is plenty of time to worry about other ******.
    www.youtube.com/rashidme

Snow tires.
    So many SUV/ truck drivers think that four wheel drive means they can do whatever they want in the snow. Once you are moving four wheel drive doesn't really help.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

Quote Originally Posted by ace6061 View Post
    Snow tires.
    So many SUV/ truck drivers think that four wheel drive means they can do whatever they want in the snow. Once you are moving four wheel drive doesn't really help.
    +1
    GF's mom thinks the "Snow button" on her highlander is a magic button that allows her to drive however she wants. I've sat in the car with her while driving in snow and shes cutting in and out of traffic and even cut in front of a tractor trailer and hit her brakes hard (I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes). Many of us have tried to explain that she couldn't do that but of course.... Adults know everything and coming from young adults, she won't listen. + No snow tires.
    In Woodbridge? See a silver highlander driving like a maniac? Stay awayyyy Farr awayy.

Quote Originally Posted by afong56 View Post
    that video was sickening, because normally, when we see stuff like that, it's in a movie, with movie violence, and we can sleep at night.

what i just watched was for sure a death, a vehicular snuff film.

that's just wrong, but if nothing else will make me think twice about driving on un-divided dual carriageway. it also definitively disabuses viewers about just who loses in a car/truck versus transport truck accident. . .

. . .actually, in hindsight, i still wish i hadn't seen that.

How is this clip any different than watching the mass murder of thousands of innocents in a plane being slammed into the World Trade Center being replayed over and over and over again?

As someone pointed out, adjusting to weather is huge. People also have a terrible habit of over steering the minute they lose control of their vehicle.

So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    How is this clip any different than watching the mass murder of thousands of innocents in a plane being slammed into the World Trade Center being replayed over and over and over again?
    it isn't. never said it was right that the families of those victims have to be put through that either. . .

that being said, i suspect most of us have driven in poor conditions before, and even lost some small semblance of control and traction, which would allow us to make the scenario in that video very, very vivid in our imaginations. on the other hand, some of us have probably never been on a plane, and certainly, few if any of us have ever been in a plane that lost control or been hijacked. so, much harder to relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Awful. Somehow I had a feeling it would be from Russia, though.

This warning is probably too low in the page, but people die in this video.
    Yups. Looks to be in Russia.
    Damn, the SUV just disappeared... autch

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    This clip is different in the fact that we drive our cars everyday and it hits closer to home. This can happen at anytime jut driving to work.
    The 911 tragedies were hard I watch but hits a different button as its an isolated event that's not that likely to happen to anyone here.
    Both terrible but on different scales.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Yeah that road definitely needs a center barrier on it. IMO any road with a speed limit of 60k or above should be protected from oncoming traffic. Especially 4 lane roads. That was horrible. RIP
    '08 Ducati Hypermotard
    '86 Yamaha BW200

Quote Originally Posted by sticker View Post
    Yeah that road definitely needs a center barrier on it. IMO any road with a speed limit of 60k or above should be protected from oncoming traffic. Especially 4 lane roads. That was horrible. RIP
    We have many many roads like that in Ontario, which do not have a center divider. Unfortunately, I've seen a similar accident on Hwy.7 a few years ago. Wasn't as brutal, but almost identical, a minivan rammed Civic, which was out of control. Wasn't much left of a car.

That could be any highway in Northern Ontario like 11 or 17. Crashes like that happen all the time.

I have seen quite a few, and even transports are no match for another transport.

coles notes? Guessing that a car crossed the road and was hit by a truck? The video has been removed by youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    coles notes? Guessing that a car crossed the road and was hit by a truck? The video has been removed by youtube.
    SUV instantly turns into the definition of "smithereens".

Video has been removed, can someone pls post another link?
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Here is a good one too.
    (graphic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vAD...e_gdata_player
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by T~Bone View Post
    Video has been removed, can someone pls post another link?

Right here..... graphic detail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

SUV lost control on icy road, went sideways into opposite lane and got obliterated into small pieces by 18-wheeler (undivided highway).

"I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40