Finally got a truck...

Thread: Finally got a truck...

Finally got a truck...

And I've been wanting to try out a track day or at least for now take my bike out to the drag strip for something different to do. I know you need full leathers but I don't want to blow too much cash on a high end suit as this will probably only be a once in a while thing for me. I have a good dainese jacket - are there any good leather pants with the 360 zip that aren't crazy expensive that could work? (the dainese ones are around $450 I think..) Is this option even a possibility or is a full suit required?

** I know a lot of you guys will tell me I'll get hooked on track riding (and you're probably right!) but until then I just want to know how I can do this without committing a lot of money to try it out. Also what are the requirements for boots and gloves? As of now I'm strictly a street rider and wear shorty gloves and standard riding boots.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Finally got a truck...

You dont need a 1pc for the dragstrip.

Don't need a 1 piece for trackdays either.

Any pair of pants that has knee pucks will have a 360 zipper but I'm not really sure if you'd need Dainese pants. I'd look for a used suit for $300-$400

I know you are on a budget,but cheap out on bling or paint kinda stuff.Buy the best gear you can afford.And a good back protector (not the pretend one that came with your jacket).Not all trackdays require them,but they should.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Quote Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
    And I've been wanting to try out a track day or at least for now take my bike out to the drag strip for something different to do. I know you need full leathers but I don't want to blow too much cash on a high end suit as this will probably only be a once in a while thing for me. I have a good dainese jacket - are there any good leather pants with the 360 zip that aren't crazy expensive that could work? (the dainese ones are around $450 I think..) Is this option even a possibility or is a full suit required?

** I know a lot of you guys will tell me I'll get hooked on track riding (and you're probably right!) but until then I just want to know how I can do this without committing a lot of money to try it out. Also what are the requirements for boots and gloves? As of now I'm strictly a street rider and wear shorty gloves and standard riding boots.

Thanks in advance.
    I got a perfectly nice Nexxo suit for $400 used 3 times. There are ways to track it without breaking the bank the first time
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

I have a 1 piece for sale, kawi green Joe rocket size 40, 300 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    I know you are on a budget,but cheap out on bling or paint kinda stuff.Buy the best gear you can afford.And a good back protector (not the pretend one that came with your jacket).Not all trackdays require them,but they should.
    The best you can afford. And if you can't afford a good one, lend the money.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

What size suit do you need?
    Twist the throttle, you pussy!!

44-46 please thanks! 5'6 and jacked

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    You are going to have a hard time finding a suit that fits you well off the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    try mine on

I have a slightly rashed used one piece suit and almost brand new back protecter for sale really cheap. They should both fit you. Send me a pm if you're interested.
    Twist the throttle, you pussy!!