Ocala/Daytona Trip

Thread: Ocala/Daytona Trip

Ocala/Daytona Trip

Trailered the Buell down to Florida and just got back. Some may ask why I didn't time it for Bike Week but, I'm not into crowds and prefer to ride. Also, found some decend deals on things. Just have to know regular pricing and do some research. Got a nice mesh jacket for $35 and frog toggs for $40. Taxes in. Got some other swag too, tees, ball caps etc.

Still plenty of bikes of all kinds out and about and did the circuit of White Eagle and the Iron Horse and a few others. Cold cheap beer and great service. Nice and relaxed. Also a nice place in Salt Springs is Cactus Jacks. $1 draft and free home cooked meals for patrons that arrive and order a drink before 6pm. I think it's Monday through Thursday? I just had some draft and it's right around the corner from the resort we stayed at.

Re: Ocala/Daytona Trip

Im still down here in Tampa, and the people at every bike shop/stop are super nice.
    Was up in Daytona 2 weeks ago and it was busy enough for me.Great side roads tree
    lined and some twists. Heading home at the end of the month going to miss the cheap
    beer at the gas stations and BBQ turkey legs on the side of the road. Needed some parts
    for my sportster and Ray Cason at Thunder Bay Cycle in Tampa was glad to help give me a deal
    on parts and a 5cent tour of his shop and his nito burnin drag bike way cool. He even has a
    harley davidson snowmobile hangin in his shop.

That cool how you took that pic of you going down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by mighty mouse View Post
    Im still down here in Tampa, and the people at every bike shop/stop are super nice.
    Was up in Daytona 2 weeks ago and it was busy enough for me.Great side roads tree
    lined and some twists. Heading home at the end of the month going to miss the cheap
    beer at the gas stations and BBQ turkey legs on the side of the road. Needed some parts
    for my sportster and Ray Cason at Thunder Bay Cycle in Tampa was glad to help give me a deal
    on parts and a 5cent tour of his shop and his nito burnin drag bike way cool. He even has a
    harley davidson snowmobile hangin in his shop.

That cool how you took that pic of you going down the road...

I was planning on leaving the bike down there and return for bike week. Just couldn't swing the time off for the return trip. My daughter took the pic of me riding. We took it off the trailer to ride the rest of the way to our destination. After that, no more pics as we were enjoying the ride!

Enjoy your time down there. I loved it. Rode everywhere!

Had to add this, I am a fan of Diners Drive-ins & Dives, and had to visit http://www.dannysallamericandiner.com/ great food and awesome people.
    We sat out back in the shade and enjoyed the live band, blues/rock.
    The first jam they started with ( there's free beer in the cooler) and there
    was, just leave a tip. They don't have a lic. but you can enjoy a cold one
    if you get it out of cooler. I had the cuban sandwich and my wife had
    the cheeseburger bases loaded and rings. This is a must stop for a great
    food and atmosphere .