Having trouble with my rear lift stand!

Thread: Having trouble with my rear lift stand!

Having trouble with my rear lift stand!

I bought these gorilla front and rear lift stands and they came in, set them up all good..

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi6010.htm

When i was trying to use the rear stand, i realized it doesnt really have a place to go into . . . im new at his so . . am i supposed to install spools on my bike?! I ride a 09 ninja 250 lmao if so where would i get them! Or is there not supposed to be spools and im not seeing where it should go into . . .

any input is appreciated!!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Having trouble with my rear lift stand!

Yes, you're supposed to put on some spools.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    Yes, you're supposed to put on some spools.
    shiet im retarded .__. thanks!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    shiet im retarded .__. thanks!
    It happens, no worries.
    Almost any moto related store will have them in stock, so visit your nearest store.
    Mina

they just got the same stand but with the flappy paddles instead of the hook for spools,
    http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi6011.htm

these had just come in when i went to pick up my stands and spools, i was asked why i wanna spend more money on spools(its benefitial for them to sell me more products) and showed me the same stand for the same price just with paddles

Quote Originally Posted by shahfaisal View Post
    they just got the same stand but with the flappy paddles instead of the hook for spools
    Those are swingarm adapters. I've got them on my rear stand because my F4i doesn't have spools or threaded holes to add them. If you're in the same boat then these adapters are the simplest and probably cheapest way to go vs welding/tapping spool mounts. Having both spool and swingarm adapters makes your stand more versatile to boot.

To the OP, for now, you could slide a piece of strong pipe through the rear axle and lift it that way. Provided you aren't trying to remove the rear wheel of course.

Quote Originally Posted by shahfaisal View Post
    they just got the same stand but with the flappy paddles instead of the hook for spools,
    http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi6011.htm

these had just come in when i went to pick up my stands and spools, i was asked why i wanna spend more money on spools(its benefitial for them to sell me more products) and showed me the same stand for the same price just with paddles
    goddamit . . . i didnt see the flappy paddles . . . wow -.- chhhheeeeeesed, lmao i dont has a strong pipe sighhh
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

Just call them, they should be able to do a swap for that piece if u havebt used it much

Sent from my Motorola XT720 using Tapatalk

Go buy the spools your bike has mounts for them. Do not get the crappy paddle things they are for bikes without spool adapators and much less stable. Lots of bad advice can be found around here, spools should be under 20 dollars and are such an improvement. Your bike has a soild axle you couldn't use a pipe if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Go buy the spools your bike has mounts for them. Do not get the crappy paddle things they are for bikes without spool adapators and much less stable. Lots of bad advice can be found around here, spools should be under 20 dollars and are such an improvement. Your bike has a soild axle you couldn't use a pipe if you wanted to.
    Alrite then spools it is!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Agree spools are ideal if you've got mounts for them. I haven't had any issues with the swingarm adapter, though I've heard stories.

yes spools are ideal but if stability is so much of an issue then race style paddock stands give the most stability.. just a thought since most of us are not giong to be doing anything serious to the bike in our first year....which ever floats your boat is best for you bro