Will my insurance change once my birthday in may hits?

Thread: Will my insurance change once my birthday in may hits?

Will my insurance change once my birthday in may hits?

I am wondering if since my insurance would go from $2500 (at renewal March 28th) down to $1800 (on my birthday may 30th) I am insured with jevco, will Jevco change how much I owe them once my birthday hits? Or am I stucking paying the $2500 since im renewing it 2 months before my birthday?. Just wondering if I have to wait till my birthday to renew in order to receive the rate at 1800, I dont mind paying 2 months of payments towards $2500 but id rather not have to pay 2500 when my bday is 2 months away and goes down 700 bucks.

Thanks

Blake c.

I had a similar experience with statefarm. It was two months before I hit 25 so what I did was pay them monthly until then, I honestly don't remember how much I paid a month, they just divided the total premium by 12 months. When I hit 25 two months later my agent reminded me to call in to make sure its changed in their systems. I did just that and next month I was paying my new lowered premium. Jevco could be different though

Lion

Re: Will my insurance change once my birthday in may hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sillylion View Post
    I had a similar experience with statefarm. It was two months before I hit 25 so what I did was pay them monthly until then, I honestly don't remember how much I paid a month, they just divided the total premium by 12 months. When I hit 25 two months later my agent reminded me to call in to make sure its changed in their systems. I did just that and next month I was paying my new lowered premium. Jevco could be different though

Lion
    SF doesn't divid the total premium by 12 and charge monthly.
    The charge a percentage each month which ar more in the summer and hardly anything in the winter.
    So they probably charged you the perentage and you just didn't notice.

So OP, I think Jevco charges the same and you could talk to them and see if they could charge you the 2 months percentage of premium and then renew after that.
    Are you turning 25? SF usually lets it slide if you are a month or so away and they might be the cheapest as well?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I know they charge more during summer months, but they just divided the total premium and charged me a fixed number every month. Right now they send a bill every month for 62 bucks reguardless if its winter or summer. In the end they still get total for the year, its just i get a nice static bill every month.

I'm sure if i cancel my insurance right now, they're gonna want the rest of the money i owe for the summer since winter has no cost.
    Last edited by Sillylion; 02-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillylion View Post
    I know they charge more during summer months, but they just divided the total premium and charged me a fixed number every month. Right now they send a bill every month for 62 bucks reguardless if its winter or summer. In the end they still get total for the year, its just i get a nice static bill every month.
    I understand that as I am with them too.
    But for your 2 months if it was jay june, july they would have charged you like 36% or so of your premium fo rthose 2 months.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

one thing that I'm still confused about. When this happen I started in July paid 110 for that month, August I paid 110 then in September I hit 25 and I paid 62 bucks. Its weird that they didnt charge me 300 bucks for each of those months cuz my total premium before turning 25 was close to 2 grand.

Lion

I called several insurance companies and every single one told me they would NOT change the rates once I turned 25 in July. Statefarm was the only company that was wiling to adjust it for me. Go with Statefarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Favre View Post
    I am wondering if since my insurance would go from $2500 (at renewal March 28th) down to $1800 (on my birthday may 30th) I am insured with jevco, will Jevco change how much I owe them once my birthday hits? Or am I stucking paying the $2500 since im renewing it 2 months before my birthday?. Just wondering if I have to wait till my birthday to renew in order to receive the rate at 1800, I dont mind paying 2 months of payments towards $2500 but id rather not have to pay 2500 when my bday is 2 months away and goes down 700 bucks.

Thanks

Blake c.

Jevco will not adjust for your birthday two months into the policy as far as I know. The deal with most insurance companies is they guarantee the rates for a year and protect you from potential increases such as general rate increases, and/or a claim or ticket you might get - so you can have that peace of mind that the rate won't budge for the whole year. The trade-off then is that you have to stay with that rate even if things "improve" during the course of the year - such as a birthday or tickets/claims coming off your record.

You could cancel after two months and then start a new policy when you're 25 - just check with your broker what the short-rate cancellation would be.
    You could just not renew - take a two month break and then start it up again (kinda sucks if the weather is nice)
    You could pay for the whole year as a 24yr old
    You could ask your broker to call Jevco and see if any sort of one-time exception can be made
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"