Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit - Page 4

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Re: Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Quote Originally Posted by chrison View Post
    You guys are extremely critical of our roads - this is very disappointing. Talk to the Americans in NY they'll tell you about endless rims and wheels damaged due to countless potholes and metropolitan highways in horrible shape. Our roads are generally smooth and really well maintained.
    Do you own a bike, have you even sat on one?

If so have you even ridden a bike in Canada or better yet the GTA?

Completely false. When there is no road sign, 130 is recommended. You cannot be pulled over for any speed in such zones.
    I lived in Germany for 4 years and have made several trips back there since, my younger brother has lived there since '89. Yes, you can get a ticket in a "recommended" 130kmh speed zone if the Polizei deems it appropriate. DAMHIK.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Right so these express lanes....only in the toronto area for one. The rest of the 401....chunks missing...2 lanes.

Ever seen the M25 in the UK? Circular route around London...10 lanes I believe last time I checked.

Route 51 from the Canadian border to Syracuse....as soon as you cross the border the car feels like a merc as the surface is so smooth.

Our roads are far from good.

as well as US cities - never once did I see something like our 401 Express Lanes.
    Then you've never been to Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, Indianapolis and other cities, then. The difference is most of the Express Lanes in those cities do not allow trucks.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    Do you own a bike, have you even sat on one?

If so have you even ridden a bike in Canada or better yet the GTA?
    Don't own one, but been a passenger on a bike on 407 at let's say extremely excessive speed. The driver did not complain about the surface quality. That's my recollection. This campaign is not about HIGH speeds though, please...

Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    I lived in Germany for 4 years and have made several trips back there since, my younger brother has lived there since '89. Yes, you can get a ticket in a "recommended" 130kmh speed zone if the Polizei deems it appropriate. DAMHIK.
    NOT for speeding. For everything else (that might be 'related' to your speed, like tailgating a slower car in the left lane).

------- HERE IS WHAT TO DO TO SPREAD THE WORD AND HELP THE CAUSE --------

IF YOU USE FACEBOOK - GO TO http://www.facebook.com/stop100 AND LIKE US AT THE TOP.

The OP has some serious reading comprehension issues.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

NOT for speeding. For everything else (that might be 'related' to your speed, like tailgating a slower car in the left lane).
    When speeding is but one of the charges laid, how can it be "NOT for speeding"? Or "completely false"?
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Don't own one, but been a passenger on a bike on 407 at let's say extremely excessive speed. The driver did not complain about the surface quality. That's my recollection. This campaign is not about HIGH speeds though, please...

------- HERE IS WHAT TO DO TO SPREAD THE WORD AND HELP THE CAUSE --------

IF YOU USE FACEBOOK - GO TO http://www.facebook.com/stop100 AND LIKE US AT THE TOP.

Dude, you signed up, made a thread and didn't get the response you wanted. Arguing with form members and using skewed and repetitive 'facts' isn't going to get you any more support, you're just going to piss people off.
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

You mean the toll road 407 that's nothing like the rest of the highways?

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    You mean the toll road 407 that's nothing like the rest of the highways?
    Completely false. The toll is there so we can pay homage to the superior Spanish tolling company that has graced us with their kindness by increasing the "donations" we make in their name.

___
    Last edited by yogi799; 02-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
    Gummiente said: You can be subject to a speeding fine in these zones if a Polizei officer deems it appropriate.

I said that is false, which part of that did you all not understand? I said you can get a ticket for other things but NOT speeding as he said.

Obviously, I used too many big words. I did get a speeding ticket in a "recommended 130kmh zone" in Germany and so have several other people I've known over the years. My experience is IRL, not from quotes off the internet.

Am I still going too fast for you? (no pun intended)
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
    400 series roads are great in the East End. What else can I say? Come over see for yourself. 400 to barrie is also great, so is 404 to Newmarket. If you want to criticize, fine, I tried to show you that our roads do deserve some credit. If M25 is so awesome in UK, then so is our 400, right? This is not about competition, it's about a fact that we indeed have great roads, again, check the ones I've listed which make up a lot of GTA roads.

Gummiente said: You can be subject to a speeding fine in these zones if a Polizei officer deems it appropriate.

I said that is false, which part of that did you all not understand? I said you can get a ticket for other things but NOT speeding as he said.

Here is where you're wrong. Sorry to break it to you, the support has been great. Quite a few supporters in a short amount of time. People who "get it".

One general comment - the hostility and negativitity on this forum is breathtaking. I only came here presenting some facts (did you read them on the site?). Such as the one about speed limit being 112km/h way back in 1976. How on Earth can someone be so aggressive against a higher speed limit if YOUR OWN AUTHORITIES back then supported it is slightly beyond me. You must like getting tickets for 130 is all I have to say. And yes, many roads move exactly that fast if not faster.
    New profile already???
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    New profile already???
    Maybe with this one he'll claim to actually own a motorcycle.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

OP....the ones here against or who just like to be argumentative or just are always right and everyone else is wrong... will hammer you until you decide to leave. They are unique...they are GTAM'ers they don't need stinkin facts...lol.

___
    Last edited by yogi799; 02-23-2012 at 07:27 PM.

___
    Last edited by yogi799; 02-23-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    The average speed on the 400 series is around 121 km/h I believe... I've never heard of anyone being stopped for doing that speed. Maybe I'm just ignorant though...
    Yeah, people do. I know someone who got a 103kmh in a 100kmh zone ticket on the 407... And I know you're thinking "yeah but they were..." but that wasn't the case. OPP car was doing random speeds between 85 and 105kmh and this person had the temerity to PASS a car going below the speed limit!! But yeah, in general, the OPP is pretty reasonable and as long as you're blending in at the speed of traffic, you're golden.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Explain why Germany has unlimited speed on the autobahn and don't have much issues with accidents?
    Much more difficult and expensive licensing procedure... And they do have accidents..better than ours..but not out of this world better.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

I would rather our effort be spent on allowing motorcycles in HOV lanes.