Best highways my ***. The 401 in most places outside the GTA is 2 lanes each direction, for the supposed busiest route in North America that's pathetic. All the motorways in the UK are 3 lanes AND for the most part drivers keep good lane discipline. 2 lane highways would be fine if people understood that it's not their god given right to randomly pick a lane to drive in at the exact same speed as the car next to them. Add to that the massive chunks of road missing from parts of the same damn highway...Stephen Hawkings is rumoured to have an interest in a few of them because of their excessive gravitational pull.

I only need to head across the border at the Thousand Islands bridge to find a much better highway where drivers seem to be polite and speed limits are generally kept to give or take 5mph.

I agree with quite a few people here....higher speed limits would be fine if we could guarantee that the majority of *** clowns in cars were better trained. Simply put, most people I see on the roads here would fail any European driving test.