Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Thread: Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I think you're stretching a bit with the alarm analogy..
    Far less so than the average politician, by orders of magnitude.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Re: Increase Ontario 400-series Highway Speed Limit

Ok so WTF.

I went riding into downtown Toronto today for the first time in a while, just cause I was in the area. Some retard pedestrian steps out from between two cars jay walking across the street and I have to swerve to miss him. What speed was I doing? I don't remember, I was trying not to get my bike damaged by the bones of some moron. Fine, I put two fingers to my eyes telling him to watch where he's going, and life goes on.

Later on, I'm reflecting on that incident momentarily. This is at least one solid hour later. At this time, coincidentally, some oblivious lady darts out in the same manner, jay walking across the street from my left. She's looking TO HER LEFT. Lady, you won't want to be looking at the cars that aren't going to hit you, look to your right, cause you almost stained my motorbike with your obliviousness. What speed was I going? Whatever the hell speed I was comfortable going, given the conditions.

Stop freaking stepping out in traffic towards my bike, stupid Torontonians.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.