Hid question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hid question

Hid question

hey guys, im looking to purchase some hids for my 04 gsxr 600 , and im confused what bulb type does the bike have is it H9 and H7 or H7 (top) and H4 (bottom) ? and from my understanding is the top non projector bulb works as a day running light and a high beam ?

also any pointers on installing hids ? does the cluster need to come off ?

Thanks

Re: Hid question

Just pull the bulbs out and it will say right on them?
    Or look in the owners / service manual.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Just pull the bulbs out and it will say right on them?
    Or look in the owners / service manual.
    Dont have owners manual, and not sure how to remove the bulbs, does the cluster need to come off ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by russkii View Post
    Dont have owners manual, and not sure how to remove the bulbs, does the cluster need to come off ?

Thanks
    This is a link to the K4/K5 GSX-R service manual. Not sure how the K' relate to year but it might be yours.

https://rs19l3.rapidshare.com/#!down...BC7222BB73|0|0
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

The cluster can pivot out of the way to access the lightbulbs. Its really narrow in there.

You have to remove 2 screws before u can slip the cluster outta the way.

From what I remember I think its H7 & H4
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    The cluster can pivot out of the way to access the lightbulbs. Its really narrow in there.

You have to remove 2 screws before u can slip the cluster outta the way.

From what I remember I think its H7 & H4
    Ya its H4 and H7, which one goes where ? and is the projector a low beam and non projector high beam ?

Ya its H4 and H7, which one goes where ? and is the projector a low beam and non projector high beam ?
    TOP: H4
    BOTTOM - Projector : H7

I think the top one is the low beam? Can't visualize it right now

If the bulbs are different then the pattern of tabs on the bulbs will be different, and it will only be possible to put it together one way and with the bulbs in correct alignment. You can't put it together backwards. If it won't go together then you're doing it wrong.

Of course, this applies to standard DOT-approved bulbs. Aftermarket stuff could be all over the place and I've heard of some HID retrofits requiring modification for them to fit (= "GARBAGE"). Still, it ought to be readily apparent when you take it apart, which bulb goes where. It's designed so that you can't get it wrong.

Also, H4 bulb is a dual filament (high/low) bulb and (as originally fitted) should have a 3-prong connector. H7 is a single-filament bulb with a 2-prong connector. Dunno why they would use a hi/lo bulb in combination with another single-filament bulb, but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Also, H4 bulb is a dual filament (high/low) bulb and (as originally fitted) should have a 3-prong connector. H7 is a single-filament bulb with a 2-prong connector. Dunno why they would use a hi/lo bulb in combination with another single-filament bulb, but stranger things have happened.
    I thought it was the other way 'round?
    Anyway, the single filament is fitted at the bottom and the dual filament is fitted at top.

When you're running Hi-beam, I think they're 2 bulbs running. I like that, since u get more light, even tho it feels so dim sometimes
    Resident Loudmouth

hey guys, im looking to purchase some hids for my 04 gsxr 600 , and im confused what bulb type does the bike have is it H9 and H7 or H7 (top) and H4 (bottom) ? and from my understanding is the top non projector bulb works as a day running light and a high beam?
    If you haven't purchased your kit yet I recommend this guy. Great quality kits, super fast shipping! I used to recommend DDM all the time, but after getting TWO bad ballasts in my last order, and it taking a MONTH to arrive from China, I decided I will no longer be recommending them.

Ask that mintsoda guy for one 35watt H7 kit and one 35watt H4 Hi/Lo kit if you want to go all out full HID's. I'd recommend 5000k (plain white) to get the most light (3000k=yellow, 8000k=pretty blue, 10000k=very blue, purple, pink, green, etc.).

Install is pretty straight forward. If you want to go even brighter let me know.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I would highly advise against slapping hid kits into halogen headlamps.....pls do everyone a Fav and do a proper retrofit for hids

Quote Originally Posted by kneedraggin101 View Post
    I would highly advise against slapping hid kits into halogen headlamps.....pls do everyone a Fav and do a proper retrofit for hids
    you know who does this here?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedraggin101 View Post
    He has HALF a projector already, I just hope it's his low beam side

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    you know who does this here?
    Was that a joke? As in "nobody on GTAM ever does projectors, they just slap in HID's and blind everyone"? If it was a serious question, me and my GF installed a pair of HID retrofits in her R6 and it was surprisingly easy! A powerful hair dryer (and some black gasket maker to sealer her up again) is all that's needed. The new retrofit kits come with mounts that use your stuck bulb size/type (H4, H7, etc.) so you don't need to cut and align stuff anymore. Worked sweeeeeet

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

That is this kit: http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...ts/kt-mt5.html

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 03-06-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

pm sent

thanks for advice ...

I already purchased and installed hid kit, but i dont know about the beam, its all over the place,

Here is the pic ... is it suppose to be like this (04 gsxr 600) ? I had an r6 before and it had a nice projector cut off line, but this, is all over the place in my opinion

Low

High

Is there any way, you can adjust the headlights ???

I already purchased and installed hid kit, but i dont know about the beam, its all over the place,

Here is the pic ... is it suppose to be like this (04 gsxr 600) ? I had an r6 before and it had a nice projector cut off line, but this, is all over the place in my opinion
    Yikes! That's a mess! Which kit did you buy?

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Yikes! That's a mess! Which kit did you buy?

-Jamie M.

this guy of kijiji, i had this kit on my r6 and it was fine ...
    Last edited by russkii; 03-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Yes, its in the manual. There are a few manuals posted on this forum, see if u can find it there
    Resident Loudmouth

okay i found how to adjust the headlight, but i dont get it, is the bi-xenon (non projector) part suppose to be shinning higher than the projector, or on the same level ? its Weird how this headlight works, it adjusts the whole headlight, i cannot do just the projector, can some one with K4 confirm, how the headlight should be shining, and if you can post the pic of the beam pattern

Thanks

Looks normal to me. Its not a perfect headlight. U have to adjust the whole unit
    Resident Loudmouth