TD MM vs State Farm

Thread: TD MM vs State Farm

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question TD MM vs State Farm

Decisions decisions...

So I'm currently in the process of getting quotes for my new 2011 CBR250R, and am currently debating between TD Meloche Monnex or State Farm. For reference, I'm a 30 year old male, not married, have had my G since 2003 but just got my M1 this month (with M2 and RTI this coming April).

TD - Quote is $986/year ($1000 ded) or $1012/year ($500 ded), collision & comp (either $1000 or $300), $1 million liability, and depreciation protection as well.

SF - Quote is $746/year ($1000 ded) or $917/year ($300 ded), collision & comp (either $1000 or $300), $1 million liability, but no protection beyond that.

From what I've heard from others, State Farm isn't the 'best' when it comes to making a claim, so I am almost siding with TD, at least for the first year of riding (I do like the thought of getting full MSRP if the bike is a write-off, as either then I can reassess riding, or use that money on a different bike). Anyhow, I just wanted to post here and see what others had to say, or what they'd do in my situation.

TD did also say that in the event of a claim, both my auto and bike insurance would be affected, whereas I am unsure if there would be a different with the bike with SF and the car with TD (I do figure a claim is a claim, no matter what the insurance company is that handles it).

EDIT: I should also add I did try Jevco, but they wanted over $1200/year, plus I think $70 for depreciation protection, so they were the most expensive of the three.
    Last edited by conundrum; 02-22-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    I am the Stig's father's brother's cousin's nephew's former roommate.

Bike: 2011 Honda CBR250R ABS - T-Rex Frame Sliders, Sato Spools, Tankslapper Film, TechSpec SS Tankpads, Fastpack Tail Bag
    Cage: 2006 Honda Accord V6 6spd Coupe - AEM V2, HFP Suspension, TL-S Sway, CT Shortshift, Partial Exhaust