2 tix at once

Thread: 2 tix at once

2 tix at once

I was pulled over this morning for speeding - 72 in a 50 zone and it was reduced to 65. I also got a tix for fail to surrender insurance card - I explained to the office that my card was expired and that i had contact my insurance co. last week to provide me with new cards and I also showed him a copy of the insurance card that was emailed to me and showed him as proof cause i saved it on my phone as pdf.

the officer was using lidar- laser to obtain my speed. my question: when did he grab my speed cause the road was pretty empty and Im thinking that he could of caught my speed before I entered the 50 zone.... would he have recorded my distance from when he got my speed in his notes? does lidar record that info on the display? if not then i might have a way out...... yes ?no?

any thoughts??

thanks for the help

Re: 2 tix at once

by the way....the officer wasnt wearing any safety vest and it was very hard to ID him as a police officer. would this also help my case...

Was that on Hwy 7? If so the cop was well within the 50 Zone, no way you can argue he got you while you were in the 70.
    I plan on leaving this world the same way i came in...... Bloody and screaming.

yup...by the train tracks....did u see it? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twoamazing View Post
    by the way....the officer wasnt wearing any safety vest and it was very hard to ID him as a police officer. would this also help my case...
    It was hard to ID him as a police officer or it was hard to ID him as a police officer, at a distance, so that you could see that it's a speed trap?

Either way, that won't really help you in court. The insurance card issue might be tossed, if you present proper insurance that was valid at the time during First Attendance, but you likely wouldn't have received the ticket at all if you had printed that email attachment out. Do so now, in case you're stopped again.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

yup...by the train tracks....did u see it? LOL
    Yeah, one of their favorite hunting grounds. That and just after McCowan where it heads downhill and back to 50 from 70.
    I plan on leaving this world the same way i came in...... Bloody and screaming.

the officer was using lidar- laser to obtain my speed. my question: when did he grab my speed cause the road was pretty empty and Im thinking that he could of caught my speed before I entered the 50 zone.... would he have recorded my distance from when he got my speed in his notes? does lidar record that info on the display? if not then i might have a way out...... yes ?no?
    yes it does record distance... it should be part of the notes. if not bring the issue up in court and it should get tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    yes it does record distance... it should be part of the notes. if not bring the issue up in court and it should get tossed.
    Sure, as long as you follow the sticky post instructions and make sure to get disclosure.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Sure, as long as you follow the sticky post instructions and make sure to get disclosure.
    ok..thanks for all the help!!!

if I take the tix to court, could the original charge be brought back forward to the court?

ok..thanks for all the help!!!

if I take the tix to court, could the original charge be brought back forward to the court?
    They could increase it back to the original, unreduced speed; yes.

ok.....the tix was reduced and is indicated...would it be better to cut my loses and pay it or fight it ? wats ur thoughts?

You have to consider what the ramifications might be, of pleading guilty. If you already have a minor ticket against your license, then a second one could result in increased insurance rates. If you're found guilty of both these offences, and you've admitted that you didn't have a valid insurance slip with you so they could easily find you guilty of that, then your insurance rates could go up.

In your place and if you have no other tickets against you I would plead not guilty, request disclosure and seek a First Attendance meeting, try to get the no insurance slip quashed, and see what I could do with the speeding ticket.