Cant get bike to "Lock"

Thread: Cant get bike to "Lock"

Cant get bike to "Lock"

No matter how much i turn push the key it just wont turn to the lock position im on a 09 ninja 250.. is there a way i should direct the wheel? sorry super noob here thinking its broken and i really cant get it to lock . . .
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Cant get bike to "Lock"

doesnt matter if you lock it, anyone that wants it will just pick it up and walk away with it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    No matter how much i turn push the key it just wont turn to the lock position im on a 09 ninja 250.. is there a way i should direct the wheel? sorry super noob here thinking its broken and i really cant get it to lock . . .
    Turn steering all the way to the left. Wiggle it just a little bit while turning the key if you have to.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    doesnt matter if you lock it, anyone that wants it will just pick it up and walk away with it. lol
    true so . . . no1 ever really locks their bikes -.-
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

no, just people with 125's and 250's lol

no, just people with 125's and 250's lol
    Typical displacement discrimination!

like fastar1 said, move the steering all the way to the left. there's a sweet spot that'll let you lock it

I lock my bike up whenever I park it.. why not? Takes 1 second, and it should deter stupid people from trying to play with it

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    like fastar1 said, move the steering all the way to the left. there's a sweet spot that'll let you lock it

I lock my bike up whenever I park it.. why not? Takes 1 second, and it should deter stupid people from trying to play with it
    Same here except I don't lock it when it's parked in my garage in case someone has to move it. If you lock your steering when parked publicly make sure you leave enough space for the bike next to you. One day after work I hopped on my bike and the dude to my right had parked so damn close that when I got my bike upright the exhaust can nudged the other bike off it's kick stand and it started rolling away! I saved it with one hand while still on my bike but when I hopped off and tried to move the other bike over I couldn't because his front wheel was locked.

true but if you dont lock your steering on a Kawi anyone can have it started and ride it away in a bout 30 seconds without damaging or breaking anything

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    true but if you dont lock your steering on a Kawi anyone can have it started and ride it away in a bout 30 seconds without damaging or breaking anything
    . . . im definately going to become paranoid now but yeah thanks guys it worked out, gotta turn it all the way left haha
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    anyone? ....most people don't know the wiring diagram of kawi's, and it would be more than 30 seconds, unless you love to steal motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    anyone? ....most people don't know the wiring diagram of kawi's, and it would be more than 30 seconds, unless you love to steal motorcycles.
    You dont need to do any wiring, all you need it a torx safety screw driver to remove 2 bolts....If you lock your steering you cant access them, if you dont then you can. So like I said since the lock it there you should use it....I dont steal motorcycles unless you consider paying $13,000 cash at the dealer for them stealing...

Quote Originally Posted by mikbusa View Post
    Typical displacement discrimination!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Turn steering all the way to the left. Wiggle it just a little bit while turning the key if you have to.
    I'm disappointed that nobody took my setup

http://youtu.be/p2PGNA2u_HI?t=1m
    There is no planet B.