Rider Choice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rider Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Rider Choice

As is the case anywhere I am reminded, always do your own due diligence and do not solely rely on the sales people behind the counter without asking 3 times! They may be well intended but...

My case: after weeks of contemplating laying out the significant cash for a pair of Daytona Evo Sport GTX boot ($599 + tax), having driving a distance to try on the boots at the store more than once and at the TO bike show, and having asked the price each time, I pay for them in advance to have them ordered.

A couple weeks later I phone to see if they are on the ship from Germany yet = no. And I am told that they priced them incorrectly and that they GTX (Gore-Tech waterproof model) is an extra $85!!!

Make my day!
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

Re: Rider Choice

demand your money back, with interest and never go back there again, before they put the price up again.

exactly, say not my problem, they messed up and its not your problem, they entered into the contract to give you the boots for $599 so they have to stick to it.
    if they say you cant have them till we get the extra $85. say i wouldnt have bought them if they were that expensive and demand your money back,
    $685 plus tax is WAY too much for a pair of boots regardless of how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    exactly, say not my problem, they messed up and its not your problem, they entered into the contract to give you the boots for $599 so they have to stick to it.
    if they say you cant have them till we get the extra $85. say i wouldnt have bought them if they were that expensive and demand your money back,
    $685 plus tax is WAY too much for a pair of boots regardless of how good they are.
    Actually that is not a bad price for Daytona's but the orginal price should be stuck to. To bad you can't get them anywhere else RC is a gong show at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    demand your money back, with interest and never go back there again, before they put the price up again.
    ^ Is that option still viable?

BTW, those are some pricey boots! maybe look into some other options instead Daytona... just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post

BTW, those are some pricey boots! maybe look into some other options instead Daytona... just a thought

Pricey compaired to many other boots but well worth it. They are different from other boots is all I can say. Thanx for the thoughts though.

Great news!
    The boots have arrived. True to their word which I did not dought, they called.
    Everything with Riders Choice is good. They basically did what they said they would. The time frame for shipping was beyond their control as I understand it, which can happen anywhere.

I had been feeling a bit sad for Riders Choice also as they were waiting for their shipment along with my small order and it just seemed to take so extraordinarily long. I assumed they would have appreciated getting the order sooner. Stuff happens.

No one should be offended by this thread as my intention was to only present the facts and solicit feedback and experiences from others. It is business, it is not personal.

Have a good riding season everyone.
    Last edited by Ikan; 03-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

so did you end up having to pay an extra $85?
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    so did you end up having to pay an extra $85?

I think I can go get them this weekend.
    And yes I think I will not quibble about the $85. It was an honest mistake. Even though I asked 3 times on 3 separate days. Hey we all make mistakes. They answered all my questions patiently when I tried them on 3 times. They answered my phone call enquiries regarding have they arrived yet. They phoned when they said they would.
    (but did ask if they should just post it here. I mean that as a funny, not to offend anyone.)

The rest is between me and them. So thanx for the insights and feedbacks (positives and negatives).

Quote Originally Posted by UltrA_09 View Post

Too bad there are no other options in the same league as Daytona and no other place to get them but RC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Too bad there are no other options in the same league as Daytona and no other place to get them but RC.
    http://www.dainese.com/wd_en/motorbi...n.html?cat=125

Bought mine at RC's. Very happy with these boots. Next best thing to the Daytona's.

Quote Originally Posted by Serialize View Post
    http://www.dainese.com/wd_en/motorbi...n.html?cat=125

Bought mine at RC's. Very happy with these boots. Next best thing to the Daytona's.
    Exactly next best thing I bought the Daytona's and would not go back

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post

Other sellers in Canada: there is a motorcycle dealership place in Montreal, Moto Internationale, and Blackfoot Calgary, from memory.

I went to RC and bought a Dainese Tattoo jacket today and I can honestly say that I was very pleased with the service.
    I will recommend RC to anybody who is looking for high end quality gear without a second thought of doubt!
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    Other sellers in Canada: there is a motorcycle dealership place in Montreal, Moto Internationale, and Blackfoot Calgary, from memory.
    Yes but I was not going to drop that kind of coin without trying them on

So you were able to try them on, yet are waiting on a pair from Germany? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gtm View Post
    So you were able to try them on, yet are waiting on a pair from Germany? I don't understand.

I see your point.

I tried on the non-Gore Tech (non-waterproof) model. They did not have the Gore-Tech ones in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikan View Post
    A couple weeks later I phone to see if they are on the ship from Germany yet = no. And I am told that they priced them incorrectly and that they GTX (Gore-Tech waterproof model) is an extra $85!!!
    Accountability and responsibility lies with the one who made the mistake. If this is exactly how it happened, I would hope that RC would think about the impact asking for the $85 has. Avoiding a negative thread on a forum that is surely going to be followed by other 'why I don't shop at RC' posts. Worth more than $85 to me. But then again, I am big enough to admit when I make a mistake and eat my errors.

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Accountability and responsibility lies with the one who made the mistake. If this is exactly how it happened, I would hope that RC would think about the impact asking for the $85 has. Avoiding a negative thread on a forum that is surely going to be followed by other 'why I don't shop at RC' posts. Worth more than $85 to me. But then again, I am big enough to admit when I make a mistake and eat my errors.

Thanx for the thoughts from everyone.

And yes I did see the price as listed on their computer screen at the store, saying Gore Tex.

Via my initiated phone call (to just check up on how the order shipping was proceeding) I was told the owner, John?, told Rui, the nice guy I am dealing with that the Gore Tex are $85 more, sometime after I paid for and the boots had been ordered.
    The order was placed on-line while I was standing there.

Have a great day everyone. We'll see what happens going forward. No riding for a couple months yet for me (weather and salty roads dictating when).

Yup this sounds like an RC move very typical, I had it done to me twice with them but I wouldn't allow a third time hence this is why I never returned back, and to boot he doesn't do refunds lmao, we bought a stand there one we knew wouldn't fit but was convinced by John it would, we took it home and no way in hell would it fit without cracking my fairing, we took it back for hin to say it does fit bit luckily the same bike was in the back and my husband said let me show you and as it was going up and he knew it would crack the fairing John shouted no no don't do it, really WTf but crack mine right ??? And he then proceeded to say sorry I have to give you a credit note, ******** shady business that's my 2 cents and that's just a tiny bit of my story believe me it gets worse.
    GSXRGIRL

Doesn't take much to jump on the hate train... If you don't want to pay for the extra $85 then don't buy the boots. Im sure it wasn't done on purpose. Human error. Im sure John isn't going home with that extra $85 and putting it in his retirement jar.
    "They Say At 100MPH Water Feels Like Concrete, Just Imagine What Concrete Feels Like At 100mph" - Nicky Hayden

>< VC 01.