Insurance went up, after paying $3400 for the first season - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance went up, after paying $3400 for the first season

Re: Insurance went up, after paying $3400 for the first season

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    Is the r6 or gsxr 600 considered ss??
    Yup.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by veno78 View Post
    Nope, they didn't offer life insurance. Would it be cheaper with it?
    No wouldn’t be cheaper the reason I ask when I first insured my little Honda 250 with them it cost me 1100 the Bike insurance was only 850 but they would only insure me if I bought life insurance product with them even though I told them I wasn’t interested in the product. Finally after shopping around it was still cheaper with the insurance so I took it. Later talking to another SF agent he told me doing that was against their policy and i took it up to their complaints department the apologized and said I could cancel the life insurance without fear of loosing the bike insurance. I told them that wasn’t good enough since I didn’t want the policy in the first place and said i would be contact their ombudsman. Next morning I was woke up a 6:00am with the regional manager on the phone said that a refund check for the full life insurance policy was in the mail.

Not that this helps You at all. I just like telling that story.

PS: My agent got his hand slapped.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

22 with an F4i
    Wow...for that bike…. you're paying barely the price of it every year for insurance (if it's older than 2006)....and you said that it's only liability insurance, right? That doesn't make any darn sense.
    Yes, your bike is considered a super-sport bike.
    Since your insurance is only liability, it means that you cover others damages. Here your ticket and accident influence more than the super-sport category.
    it means that you shouldn't be paying over than 1500$, with one ticket and the accident you had (4years ago).
    Forget about TD unless you are with a college or university unions.

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    No wouldn’t be cheaper the reason I ask when I first insured my little Honda 250 with them it cost me 1100 the Bike insurance was only 850 but they would only insure me if I bought life insurance product with them even though I told them I wasn’t interested in the product. Finally after shopping around it was still cheaper with the insurance so I took it. Later talking to another SF agent he told me doing that was against their policy and i took it up to their complaints department the apologized and said I could cancel the life insurance without fear of loosing the bike insurance. I told them that wasn’t good enough since I didn’t want the policy in the first place and said i would be contact their ombudsman. Next morning I was woke up a 6:00am with the regional manager on the phone said that a refund check for the full life insurance policy was in the mail.

Not that this helps You at all. I just like telling that story.

PS: My agent got his hand slapped.

Its called Tied Selling
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

use facility I'm sure is below 3k/yr
    1999 Yamaha YZF-R6 (Current)
    2010 Ninja 250R (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by elton_t View Post
    Even with the recently increased rates?

The OP's rate sounds about right with SF, and I gather he's outside Toronto.

I've come to the conclusion that riding a modern SS in Ontario will be expensive for anyone under 25. Want to ride SS and pay lower premiums? Get something that's over 15 years old and stick with Jevco until you're past the 25 mark then splurge on a modern bike. I wish I did this.
    Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

When I was 22 I had a f4i insured with statefarm for 1200 a year. I am now 24 on a 600rr and pay the exact same. Cant wait to turn 25. So it sounds like maybe your accident is hurting you the most. I have one ticket for 15 over and a totaled claim for my car after hitting a moose (comprehensive claim) and neither of those affected my rates. I do however have my car, truck, atv, and house insured with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post

I've come to the conclusion that riding a modern SS in Ontario will be expensive for anyone under 25. Want to ride SS and pay lower premiums? Get something that's over 15 years old and stick with Jevco until you're past the 25 mark then splurge on a modern bike. I wish I did this.

read my last post, sf has the best rates around, if you are accident free anyways

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Get a smaller bike. With the rates you're paying, you can probably buy a used bike and afford insurance for a year for the price of 1 year worth of insurance for your current bike
    lol in 3 seasons of paying this premium. I would have paid $10,500. I could have put that towards a down payment on a house or something important

Quote Originally Posted by elton_t View Post
    I called Duffy yesterday and got a quote for facility.....$3300 but I have to pay it at one time.
    I was told by them that my accident doesn't even matter because it was with a car not bike.

But then he also told me that location doesn't matter either......which I find hard to believe? I always thought location was an important factor in determining rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Nope, 15 min away from downtown.
    Last edited by veno78; 02-18-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jondevos View Post
    When I was 22 I had a f4i insured with statefarm for 1200 a year. I am now 24 on a 600rr and pay the exact same. Cant wait to turn 25. So it sounds like maybe your accident is hurting you the most. I have one ticket for 15 over and a totaled claim for my car after hitting a moose (comprehensive claim) and neither of those affected my rates. I do however have my car, truck, atv, and house insured with them as well.
    But Statefarm told me that my accident wouldn't even be looked at because it was more than 3 years ago. Basically it means I have a clean record to them.

I think it's a lot cheaper for you because you're in Trenton

But Statefarm told me that my accident wouldn't even be looked at because it was more than 3 years ago. Basically it means I have a clean record to them.

I think it's a lot cheaper for you because you're in Trenton
    If was an at fault accident, I believe it will be considered for 6 years and sometimes 10 years depending on the company.