$$$ Carb sync!

Thread: $$$ Carb sync!

$$$ Carb sync!

Hey guys,

I am looking for someone who can do a carb sync on a 95 zx7 and a 93 gsxr. Looking for someone experienced. If you have the tool and willing to travel send me a message! we can workout a price! thanks!

Located in Markham
    Last edited by Bulza; 02-16-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Re: $$$ Carb sync!

willing to travel!?!?

what's your location?

Markham.

I don't think the bike will run frekeyguy.

Have the carbs been out for service?
    Anytime I've been asked to synch carbs and the bike isn't running there have been bigger problems with the carbs.
    If the carbs have been out for service, a bench synch is usually plenty close for the bike to run.

What I'm getting at is this; if the bike won't run, a carb synch probably isn't going to solve the problem.

The bike does run.. (or at least did before i put it away) . I just meant its not a good idea for me to go somewhere because it may give up on me(happened to me many times near end of last season.. was a hassle getting it started again).

Also sometimes the issue was due to battery problems, but since i cut down my yoshi pipe im sure it has more to do with carbs now.

The fairings are off.

Whats a bench sync? lol

A bench synch is performed when the carbs are out for service;

An small diameter rod (drill bit) is used as a feeler gauge in each carb, then the carbs are adjusted so that each butterfly or slide just touches the rod.
    (it's a bit more involved than that, but that's the jist of it)

Taking them out would be a pain I assume.

Are you willing to sync them? on the bike?

Usually you take it to a shop - they tune / sync / balance / adjust it there. Who does a house call to sync carbs?!

I've done it at the track before for someone.

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Usually you take it to a shop - they tune / sync / balance / adjust it there. Who does a house call to sync carbs?!
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

I've done a couple of carb sync's across the street and another a few doors done. But, it never fails that I have to back to the house to get a smaller screwdriver or right angle drive or something. If I'm not familiar with the bike, I won't have the right tools in my pocket. Some bikes are more of a challenge than others. Venture 1400; easy peasy, Goldwing 1200 ... not so much, VF750 ... arrrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    I've done it at the track before for someone.

Donald
    did you travel to the track to sync somoene's carbs for them?

Has the bike's valve clearances been adjusted? Have you checked for any leaks around the intake manifolds and repaired them? Has the bike's timing been properly adjusted? All of these service items have to be done first, before you attempt to sync the carbs. If they haven't been addressed, carb syncing is a waste of time. You won't achieve the results you expect to achieve unless you follow the correct sequence of adjustments:
    - clean or replace air filter
    - repair leaks around intake
    - adjust valve clearance
    - adjust timing
    - sync carbs at idle
    - adjust idle speed

I would suggest getting a dealer or service shop to do these tune-up items for you. You can certainly do them yourself if you feel competent and have the knowledge, time and tools available...but there's no substitute for experience.
    Last edited by robmack; 02-22-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    - Robert.
    1988 BMW K100RT
    2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

gsxr
    pull out the carbs
    pull apart the carbs and clean everything.
    set the floats
    st the butterflys to the same amount of opening
    re install, have a good ride

did you travel to the track to sync somoene's carbs for them?
    Donald has sorted out some pretty messed up carbs for me in the past. Bike went from running on 3 cyl to running away from bikes 150-300cc bigger, even on the back straight.

Oh yeah....that reminds me that I need to get you or Gary to sort out the R6's carbs too Donald,LOL
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Somewhere using those round and curved tires.

Quote Originally Posted by robmack View Post
    Has the bike's valve clearances been adjusted? Have you checked for any leaks around the intake manifolds and repaired them? Has the bike's timing been properly adjusted? All of these service items have to be done first, before you attempt to sync the carbs. If they haven't been addressed, carb syncing is a waste of time. You won't achieve the results you expect to achieve unless you follow the correct sequence of adjustments:
    - clean or replace air filter
    - repair leaks around intake
    - adjust valve clearance
    - adjust timing
    - sync carbs at idle
    - adjust idle speed

I would suggest getting a dealer or service shop to do these tune-up items for you. You can certainly do them yourself if you feel competent and have the knowledge, time and tools available...but there's no substitute for experience.

++++
    Simoncelli apparently was asked if he was afraid of dying in a racing accident & he responded: "NO. You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."

Life's time is finite. Be honest & Let's Ride.

I ended up taking it to rosey toes. They changed the spark plugs and they synced the carbs. The bike starts up fine. I asked how much it was off sync he said "2 pounds" or something along those line ... not sure how much that is in "carb" language lol. Anyone know?

The bike feels really heavy in first gear.. accelerations seems slow. I thought syncing the carbs would help that but it didnt. Anything I can look at?

Btw great service from these guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulza View Post
    I ended up taking it to rosey toes. They changed the spark plugs and they synced the carbs. The bike starts up fine. I asked how much it was off sync he said "2 pounds" or something along those line ... not sure how much that is in "carb" language lol. Anyone know?

The bike feels really heavy in first gear.. accelerations seems slow. I thought syncing the carbs would help that but it didnt. Anything I can look at?

Btw great service from these guys!!
    you are going about this in the wrong way...

you are going about this in the wrong way...
    How so ?
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)