ticket for holding a cell phone while driving

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ticket for holding a cell phone while driving

ticket for holding a cell phone while driving

anyone get one yet and did it affect your insurance?

did you fight it or just pay it?

Re: ticket for holding a cell phone while driving

Quote Originally Posted by ifiddles View Post
    anyone get one yet and did it affect your insurance?

did you fight it or just pay it?
    In Ontario? Lol.. Didn't you know that the cops were only after the evil baby-killing speeders? You're fine to talk on your cell as long as you're not speeding. If you are speeding, cell can become a value-added ticket, like not having a valid insurance slip.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Saw a clip on the news last night. The cops are riding the TTC and looking down into the passing cars. If they see you they get off and give you a ticket. Please do the rest of us a favour and put the phone down and drive!

Malks
    1997 ST1100

I would if the cops themselvers would stop talking cells, radios and typing on their computers in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I would if the cops themselvers would stop talking cells, radios and typing on their computers in their cars.
    But,but,but, they're specially trained to be supermen.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Oh yes I forgot.

Oh yes I forgot.
    One once told me they had Special Driver Training..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

So what you're saying is that "I'll do it because they do it". What are you, five years old?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    So what you're saying is that "I'll do it because they do it". What are you, five years old?
    I think you missed some sarcasm there..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Last edited by iFly55; 02-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Finally some positive police action. May there be "good catch" times 100,000
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by iFly55 View Post
    I would be interested to see the "daydreaming" charge...
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I think he is saying that cops are hypocrits, a five
    year old could of figured that out!

The difference is emergency services are exempt from this law, so they are not actually breaking the law. However, the rest of us are required to obey the law. Whether you agree with this or not does not matter. If they see you, you will be fined.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

They also mentioned they'll nab you if you're eating since it counts as distracted driving...
    How am I gonna finish my lunch tacos? Seriously...soup isn't a distraction, it's a culinary delight!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

Did you get a ticket for talking on the cell phone or just holding it while driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayao12 View Post
    They also mentioned they'll nab you if you're eating since it counts as distracted driving...
    How am I gonna finish my lunch tacos? Seriously...soup isn't a distraction, it's a culinary delight!
    theres no offence for this. distracted driving s.78 is very specific about what it covers.
    the only thing they could charge you with is careless driving - but that wouldnt last 5 minutes in court.

There was a piece on CHCH news last night. One of the reporters was on a ride along with the OPP and they saw one guy driving with a phone in one hand and a coffee in the other. They stopped him and the paperwork check showed no insurance. The car was impounded and buddy was facing $6300 in tickets and fines according to the reporter. Yikes.

The cop also did say you would get a ticket for having any device in your hand, iPod, phone whatever. No mention of food but I heard through a Hamilton cop friend that they are handing them out if you're slurping your Timmies.

Ride & drive safe friends,
    Spyug
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Bluetooth has been around how long now? Really people, if your using your phone in the car constantly get an ear piece. Better yet install a Bluetooth deck in your car. I got a Sony xplode new for under $200. Now I got music, GPS, and hands free dialing and talking and it does it all automatically when you start your car. I'm using an android phone so I'm sure your iPhone will work just as well.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Its amazing how some people think talking/using their phone while driving isn't a distraction. It's even more funny when people think its okay to hold their phone in front of their face with speakerphone on. I bus to school everyday waiting at the bus stop for 10 mins or so before departing and amazed at how many people are still on their phone. There were multiple instances where I almost got run over crossing the street at a stop sign along with a few people running the red light at the lights in front of my stop due to the use if their phone. On top of that, there are many people on the roads that have oh s*** moments when they realize they're turning into another vehicle in another lane because they're so distracted on a straight road.
    I think that the use of a phone is acceptable when stopped at a red light as long as you pay attention to the lights and stop the use of the device when the light is about to try green.
    If you use a phone while driving please do us all a favor and gtf off the phone or get a hands free device. It'll save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
    Last edited by PLau; 02-14-2012 at 12:58 PM.