06' GSXR OWNERS - PLEASE RESPOND - need rim info.

Thread: 06' GSXR OWNERS - PLEASE RESPOND - need rim info.

06' GSXR OWNERS - PLEASE RESPOND - need rim info.

HI All. My name is Ken. Im new to the forum but not so new to bikes. Long story short, Im building a custom bike. I am using a 2006 GSX R 600 front end for my application. I am using a custom spoked wheel however. Not the original rim. My question to Any 06' GSXR 600 owners is; I need to know the width of the Brake Disc Rotor mounting surfaces. From one side to the other side. You would have to have a stock wheel off the bike with no rotors bolted on. Take a set of vernier calipers and measure the width. You could also measure to the outside of each rotor if you didnt have the rotors unbolted from the rim. I know this is probably a crazy thing to ask, but this site is my last resort before buying a bent rim off EBay and measuring it myself. Dealers wont help me and they wont even let me get close to a bike with a set of vernier calipers. If there is anyone out there who could actually help me, I will be in debt to you forever.

Regards,
    Ken

Re: 06' GSXR OWNERS - PLEASE RESPOND - need rim info.

Quote Originally Posted by 1978550 View Post
    HI All. My name is Ken. Im new to the forum but not so new to bikes. Long story short, Im building a custom bike. I am using a 2006 GSX R 600 front end for my application. I am using a custom spoked wheel however. Not the original rim. My question to Any 06' GSXR 600 owners is; I need to know the width of the Brake Disc Rotor mounting surfaces. From one side to the other side. You would have to have a stock wheel off the bike with no rotors bolted on. Take a set of vernier calipers and measure the width. You could also measure to the outside of each rotor if you didnt have the rotors unbolted from the rim. I know this is probably a crazy thing to ask, but this site is my last resort before buying a bent rim off EBay and measuring it myself. Dealers wont help me and they wont even let me get close to a bike with a set of vernier calipers. If there is anyone out there who could actually help me, I will be in debt to you forever.

Regards,
    Ken
    I have an 07 but no calipers to measure with. Try the gixxer forums. Someone there will have your answer.

Sorry, my bike is in storage. Try gsxr.com or gixxer.com, I'm sure you'll find the soloution there.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Bike is in storage. Also check customfighters.com if you not already.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

128mm with rotors off.
    2007 GSXR 600
    1997 RS125R
    2000 KX80
    Thanks to Pannon Moto Sports, Velocity Sports gear,
    Special thanx goes out to Wally Racing Services for your support!

Check out this forum.....helped me out on my swap

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135430

Thanks so much to ShanehSMP and OMMRA. I appreciate your help. Big time! Helped me a million times over by providing me with that dimension and the website.