This is why I have a dash cam - Page 27

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: This is why I have a dash cam

Re: This is why I have a dash cam

Quote Originally Posted by Jinster81 View Post
    What matters the most is how to prevent things like this to happening to us right?

Instead in investing big bucks on those dash cams with the black box stuff. Why not just mount a standard digicam on to the dash? Most digicams have that tripod thread mount thing, so with a little sonofabiching the tripod mount on to your car dash, you are good to go!!
    Because you will run out of power and memory. Do you then stop by the side of the road to format your SD card or replace the battery? Also, It's one more thing to install and turn on every time you drive around (don't want to leave anything expensive mounted in sight).

A black box type of dash cam will get power from the vehicle, it will have loop recording to never run out of memory, and can probably be left in the car and wired to start recording automatically when the engine is turned on.
    There is no planet B.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinster81 View Post
    What matters the most is how to prevent things like this to happening to us right?

Instead in investing big bucks on those dash cams with the black box stuff. Why not just mount a standard digicam on to the dash? Most digicams have that tripod thread mount thing, so with a little sonofabiching the tripod mount on to your car dash, you are good to go!!
    Or just spend $40 on a dash cam like Sham did. Do a search on eBay for "dash cam" and you see them for just over $30. Just add a 32MB SD card and you are set to record a few hours worth of driving, and it will auto-loop when the SD card is full.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Or just spend $40 on a dash cam like Sham did. Do a search on eBay for "dash cam" and you see them for just over $30. Just add a 32MB SD card and you are set to record a few hours worth of driving, and it will auto-loop when the SD card is full.
    Why? You afraid you will run into Ragu on the 401?

Probably no, because the "vigilanties" took care of him for a while at least! On the chance he was guilty, he won't be pulling these shenanigans anymore and anyone else doing it, will think twice, so to me job well done
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

What I would be interested to see is this guy's previous insurance claims, and maybe that of his family. Forget his HTA violations.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

alright turbodish, enough with the nitpicking and please re-read my last comment before you remark on it, i thought you would be more thorough than that...they are brakelights, they are there for a reason, if his ain't coming on, somethings up...

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    *head shake*

I've been watching this thread with interest.

Its saddens me to see the mods threaten to abuse power and the discussion getting personal towards the poster(s).

If you've been on GTAM long enough, you would know that 90% of the threads never reach any "positive conclusions".

Look at the Riders Choice threads, the Android vs Apple, etc etc.

Its a discussion board, let people discuss, for crying out loud.

Leave the personal attacks out.

I thought GTAM would have been above this by now.
    I second this - it's been a good discussion, except for all the people taking things personally, rather than being able to discuss the matter. It doesn't matter what I think, though.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    IF that is the case (and it is nothing but speculation) then both involved are getting everything that they deserved.
    This whole conversation has been speculation after speculation. Nothing special about that. Anyway I'm sure that the insurance company will figure out if there is any funny business; they are in business to make money.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerator View Post
    I second this - it's been a good discussion, except for all the people taking things personally, rather than being able to discuss the matter. It doesn't matter what I think, though.
    Wait until you crash or something bad happens to you and Turbo posts saying you deserve it, then maybe you will see why some of us seem to take it personal..SEEM underlined
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Exactly!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

I haven't read every single post on the board, but I will form my own opinion based on my own experience. Thanks for the tip.

Wow...looks like all you had a great long weekend!

/End thread....infractions/bans to follow once I review it.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Just for the record (thread is staying closed)

CTV News reported just now that Ragu... has been charged with fraud over $5000 and public mischief.