Bike delivered today! (pics) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bike delivered today! (pics)

Re: Bike delivered today! (pics)

nice ride, congrats. Just remember to try to contain yourself until the roads are adequate. You'll want to get out as soon as possible and try out your new ride, but cold tires, inexperience, salt, sand, potholes, etc, can result in a much earlier than expected first slide. It'll be very hard to do, but be patient and wait until the roads are clear from sand/salt after a few good spring rains. Cold tires are like driving on ice, so be very gentle with your inputs for the first few miles of every ride.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Wow, you guys are great. Thanks very much for the kind words. And yes, I will be waiting until the roads are clear before I try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Any reason why u didn't buy used?
    RockerGuy, I knew I wanted to start with a 250, and everything about the CBR - design, fuel injection, low end torque - just made it the right choice. It also didn't hurt that I got 2 grand off MSRP, $2999.00, thanks to a deal a the December bike show. Still got screwed with PDI etc - but I essentially got a brand new bike at a second-hand price.

Quote Originally Posted by wormburner View Post
    Wow, you guys are great. Thanks very much for the kind words. And yes, I will be waiting until the roads are clear before I try anything.

RockerGuy, I knew I wanted to start with a 250, and everything about the CBR - design, fuel injection, low end torque - just made it the right choice. It also didn't hurt that I got 2 grand off MSRP, $2999.00, thanks to a deal a the December bike show. Still got screwed with PDI etc - but I essentially got a brand new bike at a second-hand price.
    awesome, maybe I should pick one up myself
    Resident Loudmouth

You sir, got one hell of a deal.
    New to me for 2012.

awwww shieeet thats making me jaw drop a lil i just picked up a 2nd hand 09 ninja 250R for 3.7k at 1000kms
    maybe shoulda went wit a cbr haha nice bike! nice buy!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
    You sir, got one hell of a deal.
    No ****. he must have some juicy blackmail-esque pics of the sales person or something...

It also didn't hurt that I got 2 grand off MSRP, $2999.00, thanks to a deal a the December bike show. Still got screwed with PDI etc - but I essentially got a brand new bike at a second-hand price.
    WOW... If you don't mind me asking, what was the total OTD price w/ PDI/Taxes etc?

Wow , nice looking bike ! Enjoy !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

You bring a Ducati to life, all other bikes you just start......

current ride: 2005 DUCATI Monster S4R

for paint or plastic repair inquiries, email me direct: booth_1@sympatico.ca

Hell with that price I should cancel my order and go back to them for that discount!

Quote Originally Posted by SLaP View Post
    WOW... If you don't mind me asking, what was the total OTD price w/ PDI/Taxes etc?
    Now, remember I said I still got hosed on freight, pdi, and admin. That alone was $850. Add the taxes, and out the door was $4200. Still, a brand new bike for a used price. I'll likely sell it for what I paid.

Mimico, it was a promotion by Honda Canada for the December bike show. I'd be surprised if the dealer could offer that type of discount now. And as you can see, they were gonna get their cut regardless of Honda's promo.

That said, it never hurts to ask.

You're going to enjoy it! I love my CBR250