07 gixxer 600: starter issues

Thread: 07 gixxer 600: starter issues

07 gixxer 600: starter issues

AAlright guys hoping someone has some knowledge or can at least point me in the right direction.
    My bikes ignition sequence is working fine, however sometimes when I push the starter button, nothing happens; its like the starter button doesnt even work.
    Then if I pull the key and do it all again, it usually starts fine. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

Other issue is that after I get it started, it'll idle and warm up, and then the engine will cut out every once in awhile.

Anybody with any advice? Thanks in advance.lright guys hoping someone has some knowledge or can at least point me in the right direction.
    My bikes ignition sequence is working fine, however sometimes when I push the starter button, nothing happens; its like the starter button doesnt even work.
    Then if I pull the key and do it all again, it usually starts fine. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

Other issue is that after I get it started, it'll idle and warm up, and then the engine will cut out every once in awhile.

Anybody with any advice? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a wire connection. That's about all I know.

Re: 07 gixxer 600: starter issues

May be an obvious one but does the clutch have to be pulled in to start?

Do you even hear a click by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    May be an obvious one but does the clutch have to be pulled in to start?

Do you even hear a click by chance?
    Yes clutch has to be pulled in for Gixxers on startup. When it doesn't want to start there are no clicks or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by r6ripper View Post
    Yes clutch has to be pulled in for Gixxers on startup. When it doesn't want to start there are no clicks or anything.
    what does it do when it does not start up?

Dask lights up? fuel pump primes?

need more symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    what does it do when it does not start up?

Dask lights up? fuel pump primes?

need more symptoms
    It does full ignition sequence including gauges etc, pump primes, then starter does nothing. Then if I redo ignition sequence (pull out key etc) it'll just start no problem...

Quote Originally Posted by r6ripper View Post
    It does full ignition sequence including gauges etc, pump primes, then starter does nothing. Then if I redo ignition sequence (pull out key etc) it'll just start no problem...
    If I were to guess based on the info provided I would say that it's a problem with the anti-theft feature of the key and ignition switch. There's a measured resistance required to power up the ECU which isn't required for the cluster, gauges etc to cycle with the key on.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Just as a troubleshooting consideration, please take note that the ignition switch has multiple contacts operator by the single key turn. There may be 4 to 5 items the switch turns on. Like a 4-pole single throw switch. So yes your gauges, pump etc function operators yet still no 12VDC to the starter interlock circuit. The fact you stated that fumbling with the key may resolve the problem suggest to start there. You could pull the connector from the switch to main harness apart and get someone experienced with using a multimeter to assist.
    Every day above ground is a good day.