Why is stunting so weak in the GTA? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is stunting so weak in the GTA?

Re: Why is stunting so weak in the GTA?

Quote Originally Posted by viper84737 View Post
    Liability my anus! I bet we could pull this off. After all, private property is private. Make participants sign a few documents saying they understand the risks and accept all responsibility to the arbitration of the establishment, and what's the difference between something like this and a paintball arena or a martial arts school, or dare I say it -- a private race track? I wouldn't let bureaucracy scare you away from something like this, it can be had.
    You make a point.

I don't know if anyone has said this already, but isn't there some type of law that exempts businesses from liability or legal action based on the type of activity? I remember reading about it in my law course.
    Businesses like Skydyiving have a high degree of risk and the participant signs off any liability of injury or death on the business.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

I really want to buy Downsview Airport and turn it into a public-access racetrack. The only problem may be noise constraints on the people of the neighborhoods adjacent to it. That, and the cost of land at Downsview. What's a good alternative? North of Oakville in the sticks? I would do it there, too, it would work just the same, though noise limits in the Buttholeship of Caledon might again be a problem.

Why is it so hard to have fun in Ontario/Canada, again?
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Why is it so hard to have fun in Ontario/Canada, again?
    Because "Pursuit of happiness" isn't in our constitution.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

I think it has nothing to do with any constitution or law, but moreso a statement of the people therein, itself.

Canada: The Plain Vanilla of Earth -- the kind not even made with real milk, but rather made with low-fat-no-sugar-no-flavor-no-nothing.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    Im sure a race tracks liability insurance isn't exactly cheap.

+1.

Liability my anus! I bet we could pull this off. After all, private property is private. Make participants sign a few documents saying they understand the risks and accept all responsibility to the arbitration of the establishment, and what's the difference between something like this and a paintball arena or a martial arts school, or dare I say it -- a private race track? I wouldn't let bureaucracy scare you away from something like this, it can be had.
    You can't sign your rights away. Track day organizers have been shut down because of law suits.

It just seems like almost all of the riders+ people here in the GTA are posers. Last season I had a bunch of PM's from people who were asking to come out and ride at our spot:

"hey bro, I really want to come lean to stunt. My bike is setup and I am dedicated to learn and respect the rules... etc..."

So on days that I was going out to ride by myself , which happens sometimes because I work shifts, I messaged some of the people that PM'd me to come ride. I just said that they need to have a cage and not bring a huge amount of people with them.

None of the people that messaged me saying they wanted to come ride ever showed up!

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cbr View Post
    If you think sport bikes attract police attention try riding in any of those places.
    I was gonna say, I'd get myself a dirtbike as well if it was that easy but that sounds like a great way to get hassled and arrested.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    it just seems like almost all of the riders+ people here in the gta are posers. Last season i had a bunch of pm's from people who were asking to come out and ride at our spot:

"hey bro, i really want to come lean to stunt. My bike is setup and i am dedicated to learn and respect the rules... Etc..."

so on days that i was going out to ride by myself , which happens sometimes because i work shifts, i messaged some of the people that pm'd me to come ride. I just said that they need to have a cage and not bring a huge amount of people with them.

None of the people that messaged me saying they wanted to come ride ever showed up!
    lmao !!
    09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    It just seems like almost all of the riders+ people here in the GTA are posers. Last season I had a bunch of PM's from people who were asking to come out and ride at our spot:

"hey bro, I really want to come lean to stunt. My bike is setup and I am dedicated to learn and respect the rules... etc..."

So on days that I was going out to ride by myself , which happens sometimes because I work shifts, I messaged some of the people that PM'd me to come ride. I just said that they need to have a cage and not bring a huge amount of people with them.

LOL, i think a huge lot sesh from everyone on here needs to take place, im willing to drive to t. if theres a legit good spot and bunch of riders!

Quote Originally Posted by hostility View Post
    LOL, i think a huge lot sesh from everyone on here needs to take place, im willing to drive to t. if theres a legit good spot and bunch of riders!
    I'm down for a killer stunt sesh!! Just give me a date, time, and a place nd ill be there!!

Quote Originally Posted by yung636 View Post
    I'm down for a killer stunt sesh!! Just give me a date, time, and a place nd ill be there!!
    How about Sunday April 1st?..That's April fools day,haha.. gotta be a good day for a mega sesh!!??..
    Who's in??

Quote Originally Posted by StuntersINC View Post
    How about Sunday April 1st?..That's April fools day,haha.. gotta be a good day for a mega sesh!!??..
    Who's in??
    Give me a time and place and ill be there!!